Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas advised Emami Limited in acquisition of 26% stake in Brillare Science Private Limited (Brillare Science). Founded in 2009, and based in Ahmedabad, Brillare Science produces hair and skin care products, and sells them to professional salons. It owns popular brands ‘Brillare Science’, ‘Elementi Puro’ and ‘Root Deep’.
The General Corporate Practice of Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas advised Emami Limited and was involved in conducting due diligence, structuring the transaction, negotiations, drafting and finalisation of the shareholders’ agreement, share subscription agreement and the amended articles of Brillare Science and for taking the transaction to completion. The M&A Team of Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas was led by Ms. Sakshi Mehra, Partner; Mr. Victor Mukherjee, Principal Associate; Mr. Dipayan Bhattacherjee, Associate; and Ms. Smita Tejaswee, Associate.
The parties involved in the transaction were Emami Limited (Our Client) and Brillare Science Private Limited (Counter Party).
As a part of the transaction, Emami Limited has agreed to subscribe to compulsory convertible preference shares of Brillare Science in two tranches which upon conversion will result in Emami Limited holding a 26% (twenty six percent) equity stake in Brillare Science. Bon Proximo acted as the financial advisors to Brillare Science in the transaction.
The deal was signed on February 5, 2018. The first closing happened on February 5, 2018, and the final closing is subject to necessary approvals and fulfillment of certain conditions precedent.
About Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas & Co.
Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas & Co. (SAM & Co.), founded on almost a century of legal achievement, is one of India’s leading full-service law firms. The firm’s mission is to enable business by providing solutions as trusted advisers through excellence, responsiveness, innovation and collaboration. SAM & Co. is known globally for its exceptional practices in mergers & acquisitions, private equity, competition law, insolvency & bankruptcy, dispute resolution, capital markets, banking & finance and projects & infrastructure.
The Firm has a pan-India presence and has been at the helm of major headline transactions and litigations in all sectors, besides advising major multinational corporates on their entry into the Indian market and their business strategy. Currently, the Firm has over 520 lawyers, including 102 Partners, offering legal services through its offices at New Delhi, Mumbai, Gurugram, Ahmedabad, Kolkata, Bengaluru and Chennai.
Smart Cities India 2018 Expo Opens Tomorrow; Vice President Extends his Greetings Smart Cities India 2018 Expo Opens Tomorrow; Vice President Extends his Greetings The 4th Smart Cities India 2018 expo, co-locating five major verticals that make up our smart city framework – Buildings, Solar, Smart Cities, Transport and Water, begins tomorrow at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi.
- Birla Corporation Q4 Consolidated EBIDTA at Rs. 284 Crores
- Morepen Labs Reports Growth-filled Fourth Quarter to Close FY 2017-18 with a 25 Per cent Rise in its Net Profit
- YourNest Venture Capital Launches Entrepreneur-in-Residence Program
- 2-Day RBSM - India 2018 Beginning from 15th May in Mumbai
- Anondita Healthcare Joins Hands with Maharashtra and Karnataka Government
- Dubai Tourism Launches Dubai Pass to Experience the Best Attractions in Dubai
- Legal Tech Startup Wonder Legal Launches in India
- Tyre Safety under focus during Road Safety Week
- M P Birla Launches its Super-premium Cement Brand
- Bajaj Finserv Slashes Personal Loan Interest Rate to..
- Key Reforms to Boost Real Estate in the Year 2018
- HDFC ERGO Launches DIA, A New Artificial Intelligence Chatbot Serivice on Amazon Alexa
- Auxilo Finserve Plans to Disburse Rs. 100 Cr. of Education Loan through its Pune Centre
- Why China and not India?
- Udyog Software Signs Partnership with Compuage for uBooks