Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas advised Emami Limited in acquisition of 26% stake in Brillare Science Private Limited (Brillare Science). Founded in 2009, and based in Ahmedabad, Brillare Science produces hair and skin care products, and sells them to professional salons. It owns popular brands ‘Brillare Science’, ‘Elementi Puro’ and ‘Root Deep’.
The General Corporate Practice of Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas advised Emami Limited and was involved in conducting due diligence, structuring the transaction, negotiations, drafting and finalisation of the shareholders’ agreement, share subscription agreement and the amended articles of Brillare Science and for taking the transaction to completion. The M&A Team of Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas was led by Ms. Sakshi Mehra, Partner; Mr. Victor Mukherjee, Principal Associate; Mr. Dipayan Bhattacherjee, Associate; and Ms. Smita Tejaswee, Associate.
The parties involved in the transaction were Emami Limited (Our Client) and Brillare Science Private Limited (Counter Party).
As a part of the transaction, Emami Limited has agreed to subscribe to compulsory convertible preference shares of Brillare Science in two tranches which upon conversion will result in Emami Limited holding a 26% (twenty six percent) equity stake in Brillare Science. Bon Proximo acted as the financial advisors to Brillare Science in the transaction.
The deal was signed on February 5, 2018. The first closing happened on February 5, 2018, and the final closing is subject to necessary approvals and fulfillment of certain conditions precedent.
About Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas & Co.
Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas & Co. (SAM & Co.), founded on almost a century of legal achievement, is one of India’s leading full-service law firms. The firm’s mission is to enable business by providing solutions as trusted advisers through excellence, responsiveness, innovation and collaboration. SAM & Co. is known globally for its exceptional practices in mergers & acquisitions, private equity, competition law, insolvency & bankruptcy, dispute resolution, capital markets, banking & finance and projects & infrastructure.
The Firm has a pan-India presence and has been at the helm of major headline transactions and litigations in all sectors, besides advising major multinational corporates on their entry into the Indian market and their business strategy. Currently, the Firm has over 520 lawyers, including 102 Partners, offering legal services through its offices at New Delhi, Mumbai, Gurugram, Ahmedabad, Kolkata, Bengaluru and Chennai.
HTC Launches Vive Business Edition in India HTC Launches Vive Business Edition in India HTC Corporation ("HTC"), a pioneer in innovative, smart technologies, has today announced Vive Business Edition ("Vive BE") to capture the huge demand from industries worldwide to employ virtual reality technology in commercial applications. Available from today, Vive BE allows individuals and organizations to order Vive VR systems with additional services adapted for business and commercial environments. Alongside the full Vive VR system, Vive BE come
- Kor Energy Bags ET Nows Green Future Leadership Award for Best Rooftop Solar EPC Company
- Indias KALI Coin ICO with its First International Exchange - CoinRecoil Looks to Transform the Trading in Cryptocurrencies
- Dyson: UKs Leading Technology Company Launches its Latest Product Line-up in India
- Royal Enfield Strengthens its Dealership Network in Maharashtra
- Zaheer and Sagarika Mark their First Valentines Day with Platinum
- 12th International Conference on Corporate Social Responsibility by Institute Of Directors (India) held in Bengaluru
- Birla Corporation Registers Volume Growth of 22%, EBIDTA up by 8% at Rs. 152.83 Crores
- Clovia gets you a New BFF to Curse, Cuss and Cuddle with During Your Periods
- Gift your Loved Ones a Healthy Heart this Valentines Day with California Walnuts
- Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas Advised Emami Limited in Acquisition of 26% Stake in Brillare Science Private Limited
- Budget for All: Focus on Agriculture, Rural Economy, Inclusive Health, Infrastructure and MSMEs Encouraging: PHD Chamber
- Education Sector Likely to get more Funding in the Upcoming Budget
- Enterslice Starts Operations in many European and South East Asia Countries
- Louis Philippe from Aditya Birla Fashion and Retail Ltd. Enters Nepal
- Vodafone CEO Compliments Indian Government for Marked Improvement in ease of doing Business