Nuvoco Vistas Corp. Ltd. (formerly Lafarge India Limited), one of the leading building materials manufacturers, won the ‘Best in Class Continuous Improvement Award’ during the 7th Manufacturing Supply Chain (MSC) Awards 2018 recently organised by Future Supply Chain (FSC) and KamiKaze Media group in Mumbai.
The award was given to Nuvoco’s Jojobera Cement Plant (JCP) for demonstrating continuous improvement in manufacturing through cost reductions in Specific Power Consumption (SPC) and Specific Heat Consumption (SHC), increase in productivity by using cementitious additions, and plant logistics like augmenting road dispatch in the last few years.
MSC Awards recognise companies for their achievements in driving manufacturing and supply chain excellence. With innovation at the heart of these awards; these are the accolades for the forward thinkers, the experimenters and the early adopters in Manufacturing and Supply Chain.
Commenting on the win Mr. Manoj Agrawal, Senior Vice President, JCP, said, “This is a proud moment for all of us at Nuvoco. Such recognitions are testament to the quality and innovation of Nuvoco products and services, as well as our ability to deliver solutions to meet specific customer requirements. We look forward to contributing to the country's building materials industry for many years to come. I would like to congratulate the Jojobera team for their efforts and our senior management for their guidance." Mr. Ujjwal Batria, CEO, Nuvoco and Mr. Sunil Mahajan, Chief of Manufacturing & SCM were also present on the occasion.
Some of the nominees in this category were from varying industries ranging from Automobiles, Pharmaceuticals, FMCG, Telecon, Chemicals, Cement, Heavy Engineering, Print and Steel.About Nuvoco Nuvoco Vistas Corp. Ltd. (formerly Lafarge India Limited), is a leading manufacturer and retailer of construction materials with a vision to build a safer, smarter and more sustainable world. The company started operations in India in 1999 by taking over plants from Tata and Raymond and over the past eighteen years, it has emerged as one of the major players in India. Today it has an installed capacity of around 10.92 MTPA with six cement plants in Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Rajasthan and West Bengal; and a pan-India presence in the ready-mix concrete (RMX) business with more than 70 plants across the country. Our operational focus is currently across two business divisions; in Cement we are amongst one of the leading players in Eastern, Central and North India; with high performance blended cement variants. Our premium product portfolio includes Duraguard, Duraguard Microfiber, PSC, Concreto, and Infracem. We have also forayed into value added products like construction chemicals, wall fill solutions and cover blocks. Our Ready-mix concrete is trusted alike by large developers, small contractors, builders, architects, government agencies, and individual house builders. The premium product range comprises Mega™ Series, Mega™ LWC, InstaMix, Artevia™, Agilia™. Guided by the enduring principles of safety for its employees and social responsibility for the community, the company is charting new roads in providing solutions to meet the country’s infrastructure needs. [www.nuvoco.in]
PHDCCI Delegation Visits Nepal to Activate India Nepal PHDCCI Delegation Visits Nepal to Activate India-Nepal To deepen the footprint of PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry (PHDCCI), a delegation visited Nepal on June 12-14. The PHDCCI delegation was lead by Anil Khaitan, President – and among the other delegates were, Saurabh Sanyal, Secretary General; Ambassador K.V. Rajan, Convener - PHDCCI Ambassadors' Economic Forum & India-Nepal Centre.
- MAKE IN INDIA TRANSFORMS MANY ENTHUSIASTIC BUSINESSMEN
- Migsun Group, the Leaders in Affordable Housing Launches Migsun Vilaasa at Greater Noida
- Meet India's Top 3 DJs, Powered by Queen of Mashups: SOS Nitelife
- Importance of Strategic Partnerships to Build Health
- Risk Review Report on Indian Banking Sector by Alea Consulting
- UN Global Compact Network India to Host 13th National Convention on 8th June, 2018 in Bengaluru
- Halonix Technologies all set to Embark into Smart Lighting with 22% YoY Growth Target
- Max Life Insurance Records a Growth of 31% in the Value of New Business for FY18
- Second Edition of SuperStartUps Awards to be Held in Delhi on 30th May
- Samridhi Sambhav 2018 HPM India
- Birla Corporation Q4 Consolidated EBIDTA at Rs. 284 Crores
- Smart Cities India 2018 Expo Opens Tomorrow; Vice President Extends his Greetings
- Morepen Labs Reports Growth-filled Fourth Quarter to Close FY 2017-18 with a 25 Per cent Rise in its Net Profit
- YourNest Venture Capital Launches Entrepreneur-in-Residence Program
- 2-Day RBSM - India 2018 Beginning from 15th May in Mumbai