Nuvoco Vistas Corp. Ltd. (formerly Lafarge India Limited), one of the leading building materials manufacturers, won the ‘Best in Class Continuous Improvement Award’ during the 7th Manufacturing Supply Chain (MSC) Awards 2018 recently organised by Future Supply Chain (FSC) and KamiKaze Media group in Mumbai.
The award was given to Nuvoco’s Jojobera Cement Plant (JCP) for demonstrating continuous improvement in manufacturing through cost reductions in Specific Power Consumption (SPC) and Specific Heat Consumption (SHC), increase in productivity by using cementitious additions, and plant logistics like augmenting road dispatch in the last few years.
MSC Awards recognise companies for their achievements in driving manufacturing and supply chain excellence. With innovation at the heart of these awards; these are the accolades for the forward thinkers, the experimenters and the early adopters in Manufacturing and Supply Chain.
Commenting on the win Mr. Manoj Agrawal, Senior Vice President, JCP, said, “This is a proud moment for all of us at Nuvoco. Such recognitions are testament to the quality and innovation of Nuvoco products and services, as well as our ability to deliver solutions to meet specific customer requirements. We look forward to contributing to the country's building materials industry for many years to come. I would like to congratulate the Jojobera team for their efforts and our senior management for their guidance." Mr. Ujjwal Batria, CEO, Nuvoco and Mr. Sunil Mahajan, Chief of Manufacturing & SCM were also present on the occasion.
Some of the nominees in this category were from varying industries ranging from Automobiles, Pharmaceuticals, FMCG, Telecon, Chemicals, Cement, Heavy Engineering, Print and Steel.About Nuvoco Nuvoco Vistas Corp. Ltd. (formerly Lafarge India Limited), is a leading manufacturer and retailer of construction materials with a vision to build a safer, smarter and more sustainable world. The company started operations in India in 1999 by taking over plants from Tata and Raymond and over the past eighteen years, it has emerged as one of the major players in India. Today it has an installed capacity of around 10.92 MTPA with six cement plants in Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Rajasthan and West Bengal; and a pan-India presence in the ready-mix concrete (RMX) business with more than 70 plants across the country. Our operational focus is currently across two business divisions; in Cement we are amongst one of the leading players in Eastern, Central and North India; with high performance blended cement variants. Our premium product portfolio includes Duraguard, Duraguard Microfiber, PSC, Concreto, and Infracem. We have also forayed into value added products like construction chemicals, wall fill solutions and cover blocks. Our Ready-mix concrete is trusted alike by large developers, small contractors, builders, architects, government agencies, and individual house builders. The premium product range comprises Mega™ Series, Mega™ LWC, InstaMix, Artevia™, Agilia™. Guided by the enduring principles of safety for its employees and social responsibility for the community, the company is charting new roads in providing solutions to meet the country’s infrastructure needs. [www.nuvoco.in]
Peps Industries Unique Marketing Initiative Wake Up Day Sees Tremendous Response Peps Industries Pvt. Ltd., India’s top-selling spring mattress manufacturing company celebrated Peps Wake Up Day at Cubbon Park, Bengaluru over the weekend. The event saw a participation of around 1000 people across all age groups.
- Nuvoco CFO Wins CFO100 Roll of Honour Award
- Indian Industry Comes Together to Launch AARC A First of its Kind Recycling Initiative
- Pearl Academy Celebrates 25 Years of its Legacy with Influence at AIFW 18
- 26th Convergence India 2018 Expo
- ATMA Reaches out to Women with Message of Tyre Safety
- Nuvoco Wins the Best in Class Continuous Improvement Award at the 7th MSC Awards 2018
- Su-Kam Undertakes One-of-a-kind Malaysia Tour Initiative for 800 Channel Partners
- Ted Baker Opens his First Store in India in Partnership with Aditya Birla Fashion and Retail Limited
- Paisabazaar.com Opens 2 Lakh Savings Accounts in 2017-18
- Karix Mobile launches its Cloud Communication Platform - karix.io
- Telecom Minister Manoj Sinha to Inaugurate 26th Convergence India 2018 Expo
- HTC Launches Vive Business Edition in India
- Kor Energy Bags ET Nows Green Future Leadership Award for Best Rooftop Solar EPC Company
- Indias KALI Coin ICO with its First International Exchange - CoinRecoil Looks to Transform the Trading in Cryptocurrencies
- Dyson: UKs Leading Technology Company Launches its Latest Product Line-up in India