On the occasion of International Women’s Day, tyre industry represented by Automotive Tyre Manufacturers Association (ATMA) reached out to women urging them to take care of the tyres for safety and comfort of their families on the roads.
Without sounding stereotypical, women are synonymous with taking care of the families and are often the prime movers behind safety, health and happiness of the family members. Since tyres play such a critical role in safety and comfort, we thought of reaching out to women with a view to spread the message of tyre safety to entire families”, said Rajiv Budhraja, Director General ATMA.
Women, in particular, women motorists welcomed the initiative to create awareness and found the occasion to be most appropriate. Especially the response from young women drivers was highly encouraging. “What better way to celebrate Women’s Day than by sensitizing us to such softer aspects as safety”, said a woman motorist.
In a series of Tyre Safety campaigns over one year, more than 100 service engineers from ATMA member companies carried out safety checks covering over 22000 tyres across New Delhi, Chennai, Mysore, Chandigarh and Greater Noida. The survey found that over 60% of the cars do not have properly maintained tyre pressure which undermines safety and fuel efficiency.
ATMA members which have been participating in Tyre Safety campaigns include Apollo Tyres, Birla Tyres, Bridgestone India, CEAT, Continental India, Goodyear India, JK Tyre & Industries, Michelin, MRF, TVS Tyres and Yokohama.
ATMA is amongst the most active national industry bodies in the country representing Rs 55000 crore (US$8 bn) automotive tyre industry. Eleven large tyre companies comprising mix of Indian and International tyre majors and representing over 90% of production of tyres in India are members of the Association. ATMA members include Apollo Tyres, Birla Tyres, Bridgestone India, Ceat, Continental India, Goodyear India, JK Tyre & Industries, Michelin, MRF, TVS Tyres and Yokohama.
PHDCCI Delegation Visits Nepal to Activate India Nepal PHDCCI Delegation Visits Nepal to Activate India-Nepal To deepen the footprint of PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry (PHDCCI), a delegation visited Nepal on June 12-14. The PHDCCI delegation was lead by Anil Khaitan, President – and among the other delegates were, Saurabh Sanyal, Secretary General; Ambassador K.V. Rajan, Convener - PHDCCI Ambassadors' Economic Forum & India-Nepal Centre.
- MAKE IN INDIA TRANSFORMS MANY ENTHUSIASTIC BUSINESSMEN
- Migsun Group, the Leaders in Affordable Housing Launches Migsun Vilaasa at Greater Noida
- Meet India's Top 3 DJs, Powered by Queen of Mashups: SOS Nitelife
- Importance of Strategic Partnerships to Build Health
- Risk Review Report on Indian Banking Sector by Alea Consulting
- UN Global Compact Network India to Host 13th National Convention on 8th June, 2018 in Bengaluru
- Halonix Technologies all set to Embark into Smart Lighting with 22% YoY Growth Target
- Max Life Insurance Records a Growth of 31% in the Value of New Business for FY18
- Second Edition of SuperStartUps Awards to be Held in Delhi on 30th May
- Samridhi Sambhav 2018 HPM India
- Birla Corporation Q4 Consolidated EBIDTA at Rs. 284 Crores
- Smart Cities India 2018 Expo Opens Tomorrow; Vice President Extends his Greetings
- Morepen Labs Reports Growth-filled Fourth Quarter to Close FY 2017-18 with a 25 Per cent Rise in its Net Profit
- YourNest Venture Capital Launches Entrepreneur-in-Residence Program
- 2-Day RBSM - India 2018 Beginning from 15th May in Mumbai