The Meet is being organized by APEDA Ministry of Commerce and Industry Govt. of India in association with PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry, with the objective to promote and give a fillip to exports of Indian mangos and other tropical fruits like Pomegranate, Pineapple, Banana and Jackfruits from the country and to develop new markets for promotion of these fruits and processed products.
Chairman APEDA, Mr. D K Singh said that 50 Buyers and importers from 20 countries such as Japan, China, South Korea, Australia, New Zealand, Iran, Bahrain Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Ghana, Israel, Thailand, UK, Mauritius, Malaysia, Greece, Egypt and UAE, are joining the meet.
He further said that 13 State horticulture departments and 36 major and small fruits Exporters shall be displaying Mangoes, other tropical and their processed products. Arrangement has been made for wet sampling of Mangoes. The Buyers joinging from various countries will be taken for an escorted tour of the post harvest treatment facilities such as irradiation facility, hot water dip and vapour heat treatment at APEDA / NPPO recognised Pack house in Vashi Navi Mumbai as a trust building exposure visit to demonstrate India’s preparedness for export of pest and disease free produce.
Mr. Singh further added, “It is highly encouraging for us to note and share that there is increasing acceptance of horticulture produce and exports from the country. In 2016-17, India exported fresh fruits and vegetables worth USD 1.6 bn and processed fruits and vegetables worth USD 1.1 bn to over 40 countries. Total export of mangoes and mango pulp from India was 59.22 thousand tons, and 1,35,621.22 MT valuing USD 66.94 Million and USD 129.29 Millions respectively during 2016-17.”
According to him, concerted efforts have been made by government as well as private sector towards concurrent developments in the areas of cold chain infrastructure and pack houses with state-of-the-art technology and quality assurance measures such as Hot water and vapour heat treatment and irradiation; setting up of centers for Perishable Cargo at airports, integrated post-harvest handling facilities, Capacity building initiatives at the farm level and with processors and exporters has also contributed towards export development. Unique product identification system, compliant to the traceability, networking and Residue Monitoring Plan has been developed for the consumer safety and readiness to product recall in case of any emergency.
Mr. Anil Khaitan, President PHDCCI, while wishing great success to the event has said that on account of our agro climate, India has a natural advantage of being able to produce varieties of fruits and vegetables and that too with extended availability in markets. Events such as RBSMs and focused marketing and export promotion initiatives in foreign fairs and countries to promote Indian produce are critical strategies for winning the trust of foreign buyers and to ensure a secure place for India as a reliable supplier of fruits and vegetables to the world. I am sure the event will result in giving a further fillip to the exports of processed and fresh fruits and vegetables from the country and ensuring that new markets open up and besides Alphonso, and Kesar, other varieties grown in the northern states like Langda, Dusshery, Totapari, Chausa, Sindoori etc. will also get visibility. He also said that lets endeavor to make Indian mangos a household name in as many countries of the world and in as short a time.
PriceMap Bridges Digital Divide in Retail Sector, Infuses New Life into Brick and Mortar Retail Brick & Mortar retail is one of the biggest contributors to India's GDP as it comprises nearly 92% of total retail trade in the country which is worth $660 billion. However, this sector is under constant threat because consumers are preferring online shopping due to the convenience offered by e-commerce websites.
- IDAP Global Introduces the First Complete Derivatives Ecosystem for Crypto Assets
- Ozone Eyes Rs. 1000 Cr Turnover by 2021, Plans to Diversify into Fast Growing Security, Surveillance and IoT
- More than Half of Indians Living Blended 'Hybrid Lives' - "Live Life" Survey by American Express
- Apaar Packaging Opens up New Facility in Gujarat
- Halonix Technologies all set to Embark into Smart Lighting with 22% YoY Growth Target
- Abhay V. Udeshi Appointed as International Castor Oil Association President
- PHDCCI Delegation Visits Nepal to Activate India Nepal
- MAKE IN INDIA TRANSFORMS MANY ENTHUSIASTIC BUSINESSMEN
- Migsun Group, the Leaders in Affordable Housing Launches Migsun Vilaasa at Greater Noida
- Meet India's Top 3 DJs, Powered by Queen of Mashups: SOS Nitelife
- Importance of Strategic Partnerships to Build Health
- Risk Review Report on Indian Banking Sector by Alea Consulting
- UN Global Compact Network India to Host 13th National Convention on 8th June, 2018 in Bengaluru
- Max Life Insurance Records a Growth of 31% in the Value of New Business for FY18
- Second Edition of SuperStartUps Awards to be Held in Delhi on 30th May