Accordingly with oil prices on the boil just as general elections are announced, Oil Minister Dharmendra Pradhan has asked world's largest oil exporter Saudi Arabia to play an active role in keeping rates at a reasonable level. Reportedly Petrol and diesel prices have risen by over Rs 2 per liter in last one month as international rates have risen on hopes of the United States and China ending a trade war that has slowed down the global economic growth and OPEC ally Russia saying it would ramp up its crude supply cuts.
Furthermore Pradhan raised the issue of rising oil prices with the visiting Saudi Oil Minister Khalid Al-Falih late last night and sought a role of the Kingdom in cooling rates. Apparently an official statement issued said "During the meeting, Pradhan referred to Saudi Arabia's pre-eminent role as a leading producer of crude oil in the world, and in maintaining global oil market balance."
It said "He raised concerns about increasing trend in global crude oil prices. He also pointed to the need for uninterrupted supplies of crude oil and LPG to India in view of the OPEC-plus (decision to) cut (output)”. Reports added petrol price in Delhi has increased by Rs 2.12 a liter to Rs 72.40 on Sunday, while diesel rates have risen by Rs 2.03 to Rs 67.54 per liter. Moreover the statement said the visit of the Saudi Oil Minister was a follow up of first State visit of Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud last month.
Home Minister Amit Shah to lead a group of ministers on divestment of Air India Home Minister Amit Shah will head a reconstituted group of ministers (GoM) on Air India disinvestment. Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari has been dropped from the panel. The panel, which is to work out the modalities for sale of Air India, will now have four ministers, Amit Shah, Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman, Commerce and Railway Minister Piyush Goyal and Civil Aviation Minister
- Pakistan opened its airspace for all commercial airlines
- Annual retail inflation in June was 3.18%, up from 3.05% previous month
- Vistara would launch its international flights with Singapore as its first destination
- Right opportunity for India to raise funds through overseas sovereign bonds
- New Aadhaar Card & PAN Card rules to know
- Technology firms in India have welcomed Budget
- Oil prices predicted to decline this year
- Monsoon deficiency in June this year highest for the month since 2015
- Price of non-subsidized LPG will cost Rs 637 reduced from Rs 737.50 per cylinder
- SpiceJet's slots would now increase by 70%
- Willful defaulter is a person who has resources to repay loan: Nirmala Seetharaman
- AAI owns and manages more than 100 airports across India
- Libra is being touted as a bold move by Facebook to take on Bitcoins
- RBI last year mandated companies to store their payments data only in India
- Avoiding credit mismatch while filling GSTR-9