Accordingly with oil prices on the boil just as general elections are announced, Oil Minister Dharmendra Pradhan has asked world's largest oil exporter Saudi Arabia to play an active role in keeping rates at a reasonable level. Reportedly Petrol and diesel prices have risen by over Rs 2 per liter in last one month as international rates have risen on hopes of the United States and China ending a trade war that has slowed down the global economic growth and OPEC ally Russia saying it would ramp up its crude supply cuts.
Furthermore Pradhan raised the issue of rising oil prices with the visiting Saudi Oil Minister Khalid Al-Falih late last night and sought a role of the Kingdom in cooling rates. Apparently an official statement issued said "During the meeting, Pradhan referred to Saudi Arabia's pre-eminent role as a leading producer of crude oil in the world, and in maintaining global oil market balance."
It said "He raised concerns about increasing trend in global crude oil prices. He also pointed to the need for uninterrupted supplies of crude oil and LPG to India in view of the OPEC-plus (decision to) cut (output)”. Reports added petrol price in Delhi has increased by Rs 2.12 a liter to Rs 72.40 on Sunday, while diesel rates have risen by Rs 2.03 to Rs 67.54 per liter. Moreover the statement said the visit of the Saudi Oil Minister was a follow up of first State visit of Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud last month.
Why Jet Airways Pilots & Captains attended Interview in SpiceJet? According to sources in another blow to the beleaguered Jet Airways, 260 pilots of the airline appeared for a walk-in interview session organized by Spice Jet. Meanwhile sources told that 260 pilots, including 150 captains, came for the interviews organized at Mumbai for Boeing 737 rated captains, non-type rated captains and first officer with frozen airline transport pilot license (ATPL).
- Oil prices hovered just below 2019 highs by producer club OPEC
- Sebi earliest decided to discontinue category of sub-brokers as market intermediaries
- Rate of inflation based on WPI Food Index rose to 2.93%
- Petrol and diesel prices risen by over Rs 2 per liter in February
- Credit rating agencies are jointly regulated by both Sebi and RBI
- Will Bharti Airtel take part in right issue?
- Nestle India to seek minority shareholders' approval to pay over 4.5% in royalties
- Member of RBI, S Gurumurthy called biggest monetary decision taken by Modi government as correct
- Stock Market in tensed state due to IAF Airstrike
- Do you know Indian Railways luggage carrying rules?
- New tax rates for Under Construction House will come into effect from April 1, 2019
- Know about gold, silver prices of this month
- How much do Indian Railways charge for cancellation of tickets?
- Hearings in Essar Steel insolvency case get over on February 19
- Animal Planet Joins Hands with L&T Metro Rail Hyderabad to Sensitize Citizens About Tiger Conservation