Accordingly bankers to Essar Steel India Limited will not be able to receive ArcelorMittal’s payment for the company by March 31 despite a meeting of Committee of Creditors (CoC) currently underway, the counsel for the lenders told the National Company Law Appellate Tribunal (NCLAT) on Wednesday. A meeting of the Essar Steel CoC is currently ongoing to consider redistribution of funds from ArcelorMittal’s Rs 42,000 crore plan and more payment to Standard Chartered Bank and the decision would be arrived at only by Friday, the counsel told NCLAT.
Even after the decision, it could take another week for the payment to be cleared to the lenders, the counsel said. The NCLAT said it would wait for the outcome of the meeting and adjourned the next hearing in the case to April 9.
During the last hearing on March 21, it had also asked the asked the resolution professional of Essar Steel India to call a fresh meeting of the committee of creditors (CoC) of the company to consider the redistribution of funds from ArcelorMittal’s Rs 42,000-crore resolution plan. The appellate tribunal was also hearing an appeal moved by Standard Chartered Bank (StanChart), which has alleged that the CoC treated the bank’s claim in a discriminatory manner by giving it only 1.7 per cent of its total admitted dues from Essar Steel, while other financial creditors had got over 85 per cent of their dues. Stanchart had also sought to stop the distribution of funds.
SEBI permitted mutual funds to participate in all exchange-traded commodities derivatives (ETCDs) Reportedly Mutual fund houses so far were not permitted to invest in commodities other than gold. At most, a few fund houses had thematic funds investing in the equity of companies engaged in the commodities business. But that is set to change with SEBI issuing final guidelines on May 21, 2019, permitting MFs to invest in exchange-traded commodity derivatives, with an aim to deepen the nascent commodity market.
- Air Asia India plans to tie up with about 200 companies
- London-based AdiGro Group to restart Jet Airways' operations by July 1
- Singapore Red Cross website been hacked
- What are the 2 bids received for Jet Airways?
- New tax rates for Under Construction House will come into effect from April 1, 2019
- Do you know Indian Railways luggage carrying rules?
- Know about State Bank of India's online service IMT (Instant Money Transfer)
- TCS was recently in the news for a trade secret theft case file
- Rupee on May 6 fell by 18 paise to close at 69.40 against US dollar
- Why Income Tax e-Filers growth dropped down this fiscal year?
- Shutting down of Jet Airways left 16,000 people, including 1,350 pilots, jobless
- Amazon fighting with Walmart Inc's Flipkart for market share in India
- 30% of 1,100 Yes Bank branches are profitable in India
- Stock Market in tensed state
- SpiceJet, Air India may fly 40 Jet Airways planes from next week