According to sources Jet Airways India Ltd’s fleet has shrunk by almost 90 per cent as the cash-strapped airline struggles to find funds to operate, forcing the nation’s oldest surviving private airline to drastically curtail its scheduled flights amid a hunt for a new investor. Meanwhile the carrier, once India’s biggest by market capitalization, was forced to ground 10 more jets after it failed to pay lease rentals on time, Jet said in a stock exchange filing Thursday.
That means the carrier is now operating fewer than 20 planes, compared with a fleet of 124 as recently as January. The airline has since lost market share, piled up a debt load of more than $1billion, and fallen behind payments to banks, staff and leasing companies. The company suspended the traditionally lucrative, west-bound, long-haul international flights until Friday morning, a spokeswoman said late on Thursday. It had already stopped operations to several domestic and overseas destinations including Singapore.
Moreover India's aviation minister Suresh Babu has asked the top bureaucrat in his ministry to review issues related to the airline and take necessary steps to minimize passenger inconvenience and ensure safety, according to a Twitter post. Apparently Jet Airways shares fell as much as 1.6 per cent to 257 rupees in Mumbai on Friday. They had fallen 67 per cent last year.
London-based AdiGro Group to restart Jet Airways' operations by July 1 London-based AdiGro Group, the parent company of AdiGro Aviation has offered to restart the Jet Airways' operations by July 1. The company which is one of the unsolicited bidders for Jet Airways has proposed to resume its operations with eight to nine thousand employees and 70 aircraft. Sanjay Viswanathan,
- Singapore Red Cross website been hacked
- What are the 2 bids received for Jet Airways?
- New tax rates for Under Construction House will come into effect from April 1, 2019
- Do you know Indian Railways luggage carrying rules?
- Know about State Bank of India's online service IMT (Instant Money Transfer)
- TCS was recently in the news for a trade secret theft case file
- Rupee on May 6 fell by 18 paise to close at 69.40 against US dollar
- Why Income Tax e-Filers growth dropped down this fiscal year?
- Shutting down of Jet Airways left 16,000 people, including 1,350 pilots, jobless
- Amazon fighting with Walmart Inc's Flipkart for market share in India
- 30% of 1,100 Yes Bank branches are profitable in India
- Stock Market in tensed state
- SpiceJet, Air India may fly 40 Jet Airways planes from next week
- Employees of TCS disappointed after company gifted them wrist watches on completion of 50 years
- Jio Digital Fibre rising about Rs 27,000 crore to fund expansion