Reportedly some of Jet Airways' grounded planes are likely to start flying by as early as Tuesday next week. SpiceJet is said to take around 40 of Jet Airways' Boeing 737s and Air India is likely to take five of the airline's wide-body Boeing 777s. Some Boeing 737s might be taken by Air India for its budget carrier, Air India Express.
As per the report, almost 40 to 45 planes are expected to be operational in the next 10 days. A source told the daily that this arrangement will provide gainful employment with pay to some of Jet's staff as the aircraft will be wet-leased. Wet-leasing is a kind of leasing arrangement where an airline provides aircraft, crew, maintenance, and insurance to another carrier or business and is paid by the hours operated. The source also added that operation of these additional flights hints at stabilization of fares on domestic routes.
Moreover, the daily mentions that once Air India starts operating the B777s on international routes like London, Dubai and Singapore, fares on these routes should also stabilize. Apparently, seventy-five planes had gone out of the system due to Jet's grounding, while other Indian carriers bought in 58 planes, leaving a deficit of 17 planes. Aviation Secretary PS Kharola said that other airlines are likely to induct 31 planes in May, June and July. Additional 20 planes are likely to be leased. He added that the aviation ministry has asked airlines to hasten the process as summer travel demand is very strong.
London-based AdiGro Group to restart Jet Airways' operations by July 1 London-based AdiGro Group, the parent company of AdiGro Aviation has offered to restart the Jet Airways' operations by July 1. The company which is one of the unsolicited bidders for Jet Airways has proposed to resume its operations with eight to nine thousand employees and 70 aircraft. Sanjay Viswanathan,
- Singapore Red Cross website been hacked
- What are the 2 bids received for Jet Airways?
- New tax rates for Under Construction House will come into effect from April 1, 2019
- Do you know Indian Railways luggage carrying rules?
- Know about State Bank of India's online service IMT (Instant Money Transfer)
- TCS was recently in the news for a trade secret theft case file
- Rupee on May 6 fell by 18 paise to close at 69.40 against US dollar
- Why Income Tax e-Filers growth dropped down this fiscal year?
- Shutting down of Jet Airways left 16,000 people, including 1,350 pilots, jobless
- Amazon fighting with Walmart Inc's Flipkart for market share in India
- 30% of 1,100 Yes Bank branches are profitable in India
- Stock Market in tensed state
- SpiceJet, Air India may fly 40 Jet Airways planes from next week
- Employees of TCS disappointed after company gifted them wrist watches on completion of 50 years
- Jio Digital Fibre rising about Rs 27,000 crore to fund expansion