Reportedly hacked and the personal data of more than 4,000 potential blood donors compromised in the latest cyber attack on the city-state. singapore, one of the world's most digitally advanced countries, has been the target of multiple high-profile hacks in recent times, including the theft last year of 1.5 million citizens' health records.
In the latest attack, singapore Red Cross (SRC) said personal details, including names, blood types, and contact numbers of 4,297 potential blood donors were compromised after an unauthorized access to a section of its website on May 8. SRC reported the breach to the authorities on the same day and police have launched an investigation, a statement said.
"SRC takes this incident seriously," the organization said, adding that "external consultants" are helping in the probe. Preliminary findings showed that a "weak administrator password" may have made the site vulnerable. Furthermore SRC Secretary General Benjamin William said the organization was contacting individuals affected by the breach.
Air Asia India plans to tie up with about 200 companies Seeking long term travel commitment, Tata Group joint venture Air Asia India plans to tie up with about 200 companies in the next few months, offering them a slew of benefits, including flexibility in last minute flight change and onboard meals. The aggressive business pitch is set to help the low cost carrier widen its customer base before launching maiden international flights by year end.
- London-based AdiGro Group to restart Jet Airways' operations by July 1
- Singapore Red Cross website been hacked
- What are the 2 bids received for Jet Airways?
- New tax rates for Under Construction House will come into effect from April 1, 2019
- Do you know Indian Railways luggage carrying rules?
- Know about State Bank of India's online service IMT (Instant Money Transfer)
- TCS was recently in the news for a trade secret theft case file
- Rupee on May 6 fell by 18 paise to close at 69.40 against US dollar
- Why Income Tax e-Filers growth dropped down this fiscal year?
- Shutting down of Jet Airways left 16,000 people, including 1,350 pilots, jobless
- Amazon fighting with Walmart Inc's Flipkart for market share in India
- 30% of 1,100 Yes Bank branches are profitable in India
- Stock Market in tensed state
- SpiceJet, Air India may fly 40 Jet Airways planes from next week
- Employees of TCS disappointed after company gifted them wrist watches on completion of 50 years