The S&P BSE Sensex and NSE Nifty 50 Indexes rose for third day in a row led by gains in banking, metal, energy and oil & gas shares. ICICI Bank, Reliance Industries, Tata Consultancy Services, IndusInd Bank and State Bank of india were among the top movers in the Sensex. Earlier in the day, the benchmarks opened higher but later gave up gains owing to weakness in select FMCG and capital goods shares. Meanwhile, mid- and small-cap shares were trading on a mixed note in afternoon trades.
The Sensex ended 0.42 per cent or 166 points higher at 39,950 and the NSE Nifty 50 Index advanced 0.36 per cent or 43 points to close at 11,966.
Nine of 11 sector gauges compiled by National Stock Exchange ended higher led by the Nifty PSU Bank Index's 1.7 per cent gain.
RBI last year mandated companies to store their payments data only in India The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) will look into concerns about data storage rules that have been raised by companies, a government statement said on Tuesday, months after entities such as Mastercard and Visa were forced to store more of their data locally in the country.
- Avoiding credit mismatch while filling GSTR-9
- Patanjali's sales plunged 10% to 81 billion rupees
- Nine of 11 sector gauges compiled by NSE ended higher led by Nifty PSU Bank Index's 1.7% gain
- GoAir offering domestic flight tickets at a starting all-inclusive price of Rs. 1,399
- MPC has cut the repo rate by 25 bps to 5.75%(
- VadVis - Revolutionizing Company Registration and Tax Filing through Advise
- Modi Government plans to revamp social welfare schemes
- 2000 Jet Airways Employees to be hired by SpiceJet
- Sri City bags India's Brand-2019 award
- Tech Mahindra collaborates at Hyderabad Campus with Cisco
- Yes Bank denied that it was considering an exit from the asset management business
- Modi governance ideas influenced by East Asian welfare-growth model & social ethos
- SEBI permitted mutual funds to participate in all exchange-traded commodities derivatives (ETCDs)
- Air Asia India plans to tie up with about 200 companies
- London-based AdiGro Group to restart Jet Airways' operations by July 1