Reportedly the Airport Authority of india (AAI) has started a year-long study to analyze air traffic, slot distribution and infrastructure at six major airports hyderabad, Bengaluru, delhi, mumbai, Chennai and kolkata in order to improve the mechanism of slot allotment, said its senior officials. A slot is a specific date and time at which an airline can arrive or depart at an airport. It is allocated by a committee that comprises officials from the respective airport, aviation ministry, AAI, airlines, aviation regular DGCA, etc.
A senior AAI official told “After one year, the results of this year-long study will be presented back to the DGCA and the ministry to take a call on how to improve slot allotment in the next year...We will take help of the central ATFM (air traffic flow management) in this year-long study”. The AAI owns and manages more than 100 airports across the country.
Recently, when Jet Airways temporarily shut down its operations on April 17, a tussle had erupted among the other airline companies in india to corner most of the Jet's vacated slots, especially the ones at congested airports of Bengaluru, delhi and mumbai. The fight for slots had erupted as there is no written mechanism in india to allocate slots if an airlinein this case it was Jet Airways temporarily shuts down its operations.
Annual retail inflation in June was 3.18%, up from 3.05% previous month Annual retail inflation in June was 3.18 per cent, up from 3.05 per cent the previous month, but below analyst forecasts, government data showed on Friday. A Reuters poll had predicted retail inflation at 3.20 per cent for June. Core consumer inflation, which strips out food and fuel prices, was estimated at an annual 4.09-4.11 per cent in June, marginally lower than May's 4.1-4.2 per cent.
- Vistara would launch its international flights with Singapore as its first destination
- Right opportunity for India to raise funds through overseas sovereign bonds
- New Aadhaar Card & PAN Card rules to know
- Technology firms in India have welcomed Budget
- Oil prices predicted to decline this year
- Monsoon deficiency in June this year highest for the month since 2015
- Price of non-subsidized LPG will cost Rs 637 reduced from Rs 737.50 per cylinder
- SpiceJet's slots would now increase by 70%
- Willful defaulter is a person who has resources to repay loan: Nirmala Seetharaman
- AAI owns and manages more than 100 airports across India
- Libra is being touted as a bold move by Facebook to take on Bitcoins
- RBI last year mandated companies to store their payments data only in India
- Avoiding credit mismatch while filling GSTR-9
- Patanjali's sales plunged 10% to 81 billion rupees
- Nine of 11 sector gauges compiled by NSE ended higher led by Nifty PSU Bank Index's 1.7% gain