Reportedly Aadhaar can now be quoted for cash transactions of more than Rs.50,000. Banks and other institutions will make backend upgrades to allow acceptance of Aadhaar in all places where quoting PAN is now mandatory, news agency Press Trust of india quoted Revenue Secretary ajay bhushan Pandey as saying.
The taxman will "suo motu" allot a fresh PAN to a person who files I-T returns with only Aadhaar as part of a new arrangement to link the two databases, the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT), chairman, Pramod Chandra Mody said on Sunday. The PAN is "certainly not dead" and the recent Budget announcement of interchangeability of the two databases is an "additional facility" to ensure their linkage, which is now mandatory under the law.
"In cases where Aadhaar is being quoted and PAN is not there, we could possibly think on the terms of allotting a PAN to the person (who is filing income tax return)," Mr Mody told Press Trust of india. While Aadhaar is issued by the Unique Identification Authority of india (UIDAI) to an Indian resident, PAN is a 10-digit alphanumeric number allotted by the tax department to a person, firm or entity.
According to experts, the announcement to make Aadhaar and PAN interchangeable for filing ITR is likely to increase the taxpayer base. "Aadhaar has wider coverage than PAN i.e. more Aadhaar cards are issued than PAN - so in terms of checking evasion it may serve better," said Archit Gupta, founder and CEO, ClearTax.
AirAsia India introducing additional flights from September 20, 2019 AirAsia India on August 20 announced its plans to expand network by introducing daily flights between New Delhi and Chennai, Tamilnadu. The launch fare for the booking is Rs 3,499. While the sale for booking is scheduled to go live on August 20, 2019, the inaugural flight between the two destinations is set to take off on September 20, 2019.
- Income tax officials able to use manual communication with assessee only in exceptional cases
- Will filing Income tax & GST return date is extended for J&K traders?
- SC ready to hear petitions against repeal of Article 370
- Employees of beleaguered Jet Airways demands future of the airline and salaries
- India should penetrate global markets, NITI Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant
- Gold prices crossed Rs 38,000-mark for the first time
- Why Rs.1000 notes gone away after demonetization?
- Liquidation of a company is not the sole agenda of the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code
- New Changes in standardize filing of tax returns
- Always avoid filing inflated returns in order to steer clear of trouble
- RBI to cut Interest rates again in August
- Increase in government borrowing runs the risk of flooding the debt market: RBI Deputy Governor
- Govt tells Air India to freeze all activities
- Home Minister Amit Shah to lead a group of ministers on divestment of Air India
- Pakistan opened its airspace for all commercial airlines