Reportedly in the wake of its proposed privatization, the government has asked Air india to put a freeze on large-scale promotion and appointments. A new flight has to be started only when it is extremely necessary and after due diligence from commercial aspect.
The direction has come from the Department of Investment and Public Asset Management or DIPAM. After failing to find a bidder in its previous term, the modi 2.0 government is working on war-footing to sell Air india to a private player. It has already reconstituted the group of ministers (GoM) to decide the course of privatization.
Consulting firm EY is already working to finalize preliminary information memorandum (PIM) to invite expression of interest (EoI) from prospective bidders. "This time, we have no doubt over disinvestment. The speed at which things are moving, the airline's ownership would be transferred to a private party," said a senior Air india executive. Air india has a total debt of about Rs 58,000 crore. The cumulative loss of the national carrier is to the tune of Rs 70,000 crore. In the financial year ending March 31, 2019 the airline is estimated to have reported a loss of Rs 7,600 crore.
Will filing Income tax & GST return date is extended for J&K traders? Reportedly city based traders' body Monday demanded an extension of deadline for filing income tax and GST returns as internet and other communication channels are disrupted following the Centre's move to revoke provisions of Article 370. In a letter to Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman, the Chamber of Traders Federation (CTF) said its demand be considered as a special
- Income tax officials able to use manual communication with assessee only in exceptional cases
- SC ready to hear petitions against repeal of Article 370
- Employees of beleaguered Jet Airways demands future of the airline and salaries
- India should penetrate global markets, NITI Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant
- Gold prices crossed Rs 38,000-mark for the first time
- Why Rs.1000 notes gone away after demonetization?
- Liquidation of a company is not the sole agenda of the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code
- New Changes in standardize filing of tax returns
- Always avoid filing inflated returns in order to steer clear of trouble
- RBI to cut Interest rates again in August
- Increase in government borrowing runs the risk of flooding the debt market: RBI Deputy Governor
- Govt tells Air India to freeze all activities
- Home Minister Amit Shah to lead a group of ministers on divestment of Air India
- Pakistan opened its airspace for all commercial airlines
- Annual retail inflation in June was 3.18%, up from 3.05% previous month