Lok Sabha on Thursday passed amendments to the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, with the government asserting that the spirit behind the law is not to allow companies to die. Rajya Sabha has already passed the bill and with its passage in the lower house, the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code is set to be amended.
Responding to the debate on the bill, Finance and Corporate Affairs Minister Nirmala Sitharaman said the liquidation of a company is not the sole agenda of the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code.
As many as seven sections of the Code are to be amended. Once the Corporate Insolvency Resolution Process (CIRP) begins, it has to be completed in 330 days, including litigation stages and judicial process, the minister said, citing proposed amendments.
IMF projected India's growth rate at 6.1% in 2019 The IMF on Tuesday slashed India's GDP growth projection for the year 2019 to 6.1 per cent, which is 1.2 % down from its April projections. The International Monetary Fund (IMF) in April said India will grow at 7.3% in 2019. However, three months later it projected a slower growth rate for India in 2019, a downward revision of 0.3%.
- IMF projected India's growth rate at 6.1% in 2019
- 80% of customers of Punjab & Maharashtra Co-operative Bank will get their money back: Amit Shah
- Gold demand could improve in October due to Diwali festival and discounts could narrow
- Banks started using credit score of potential buyers to fix interest rate on loans
- Mukesh Ambani richest Indian Adani claimed second position
- India likely to limit palm oil import from Malaysia over J&K remark
- Oil companies to Air India: pay monthly or will cut fuel supply
- Niti CEO to decide on private rails, stations, not railway
- RSS and BJP lock horns over regional trade grouping
- Malvinder Singh former CEO of Ranbaxy arrested
- SBIs one year MCLR brought down from 8.15% pa to 8.05% pa
- Johnson & Johnson fined 8 billion dollars for not informing consumer of some drugs that grows Male breast
- Former PMC BANK MD kept in Police custody till October 17
- Ravi Prakash arrested now khaidi no. 4412
- US said it would slap 10% tariffs on European-made Airbus