Reportedly employees of beleaguered Jet Airways gathered at Jantar Mantar, delhi on Tuesday demanding clarity on the future of the airline and salaries. "Our people are facing so many problems. Many have defaulted on loans. There are no medical benefits for us. Employees are having a hard time managing their families," said Ashish Mohanty, head of the engineering association.
Following is the appeal put out by the employees' association "Jet Airways (I) Ltd was admitted to NCLT after the lenders claimed, that the resolution of the issue is only possible under IBC. Earlier, the lenders initialized a "Bank Led Resolution Plan (BLRP)", in which debt of the Company was supposed to be converted to equity, and thereafter, funds would be infused by the Consortium of Banks. However, that plan was also rolled back, and no fund infusion took place.
In this process, however, employees of the company got victimized, and have suffered for no fault of theirs. It is now over seven months that the employees are without salaries. Although the Banks became absolute owners of the Company, they did not release even a meager amount, which would have given some respite for the employees and they requested the government to release their salaries for one month, implement the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (IBC) Amendments and fast track completion of the resolution process.
Will filing Income tax & GST return date is extended for J&K traders? Reportedly city based traders' body Monday demanded an extension of deadline for filing income tax and GST returns as internet and other communication channels are disrupted following the Centre's move to revoke provisions of Article 370. In a letter to Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman, the Chamber of Traders Federation (CTF) said its demand be considered as a special
- Income tax officials able to use manual communication with assessee only in exceptional cases
- SC ready to hear petitions against repeal of Article 370
- Employees of beleaguered Jet Airways demands future of the airline and salaries
- India should penetrate global markets, NITI Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant
- Gold prices crossed Rs 38,000-mark for the first time
- Why Rs.1000 notes gone away after demonetization?
- Liquidation of a company is not the sole agenda of the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code
- New Changes in standardize filing of tax returns
- Always avoid filing inflated returns in order to steer clear of trouble
- RBI to cut Interest rates again in August
- Increase in government borrowing runs the risk of flooding the debt market: RBI Deputy Governor
- Govt tells Air India to freeze all activities
- Home Minister Amit Shah to lead a group of ministers on divestment of Air India
- Pakistan opened its airspace for all commercial airlines
- Annual retail inflation in June was 3.18%, up from 3.05% previous month