As per report india should penetrate global markets, NITI Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant said, even as he stressed on promoting manufacturing in the country in a big way. A release from IIT, hyderabad quoted him as saying, at the institute's convocation said the country should penetrate global markets, Kant, who delivered the convocation address via video conference stated "We need to make india easy to do business and we in the government have taken several steps by simplifying rules and regulations that resulted in the country improving substantially in the World Bank's 'Ease of Doing business'”.
He said "It is important for all of you to understand that we live in a globalized world and there is no place for protectionism. We need to penetrate global markets. japan and china are export-driven economies that have thrived on trade”. Furthermore Kant advised the students to think of the world as their market and not only the domestic market.
He added "If india is to grow at 9 per cent, we must have gender parity. We must increase the participation of women in Indian economy and that will depend on you, many of whom will be in positions of power. You must give a place of prominence for women wherever you work. We cannot grow without bringing half of our population into the workforce".
Why SEBI mulls new mechanism for Auditors and Gatekeepers? With an aim to unearth financial irregularities and other fraudulent transactions at listed companies, capital market regulator SEBI is planning to set up a new whistle-blower mechanism for auditors and other 'gatekeepers' to report such cases.
- Bengal Durga Pooja organizers reeling due to economic slump
- Why ailing auto sector been in reverse gear for the 10 months?
- Uber and Ola is preferred over an own car by millennial, says Nirmila Sitaraman on decline in car sales
- Airlines have to pay taxes for certain services
- Mother Dairy increased price of cow milk by Rs 2 to Rs 44 a litre in Delhi-NCR
- Gold rate rices to Peak
- Oil prices recovered some ground, depress demand in the future
- With there be cutting of taxes on Motor Vehicles?
- MPC has cut repo rate by 25 bps to 5.75 percent
- SBI decided to halt lending to dealers of Hyundai Motor India
- India's non-alcoholic Malt Drink Mart gets Coca Cola
- Gold prices could go up further if global trade tussle continues
- AirAsia India introducing additional flights from September 20, 2019
- Income tax officials able to use manual communication with assessee only in exceptional cases
- Will filing Income tax & GST return date is extended for J&K traders?