Reportedly city based traders' body Monday demanded an extension of deadline for filing income tax and GST returns as internet and other communication channels are disrupted following the Centre's move to revoke provisions of Article 370. In a letter to Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman, the Chamber of Traders Federation (CTF) said its demand be considered as a special case in view of the prevailing situation in the region.
"We demand an extension of dates for filing of income tax and GST returns in view of the peculiar ongoing situation in Jammu and Kashmir following the abrogation of Article 370," President CTF, Neeraj Anand told reporters here. Anand said it is unlikely that traders would be able to file tax returns as internet and other communication channels are barred in the region.
"We at CTF firmly stand with the government and welcome all the measures that can bring lasting peace to our state that is suffering due to pakistan-sponsored terrorism," he said. CTF appreciates the patience of the business community which despite suffering huge losses is supportive of initiatives to permanently rid the state of violence and political uncertainty, Anand added.
Statement from Tellurian said MoU signed at US in Modi's presence Reportedly US natural gas company Tellurian Inc. and Petronet LNG Limited (PLL) of India have signed an MoU, under which PLL and its affiliates intend to import up to five million tonnes per annum (5 mtpa) of liquefied natural gas (LNG) from America, the two companies announced on Saturday.
- Nitin Gadkari claimed benefits of demonetization will be seen in long term
- Real estate players keen on east and northern parts of Hyderabad
- Nirmala Sitharaman had crucial meeting about disinvestment of Air India
- Why SEBI mulls new mechanism for Auditors and Gatekeepers?
- Bengal Durga Pooja organizers reeling due to economic slump
- Why ailing auto sector been in reverse gear for the 10 months?
- Uber and Ola is preferred over an own car by millennial, says Nirmila Sitaraman on decline in car sales
- Airlines have to pay taxes for certain services
- Mother Dairy increased price of cow milk by Rs 2 to Rs 44 a litre in Delhi-NCR
- Gold rate rices to Peak
- Oil prices recovered some ground, depress demand in the future
- With there be cutting of taxes on Motor Vehicles?
- MPC has cut repo rate by 25 bps to 5.75 percent
- SBI decided to halt lending to dealers of Hyundai Motor India
- India's non-alcoholic Malt Drink Mart gets Coca Cola