Reportedly officials said oil marketing companies have cited issues like sales tax as a barrier to the Civil Aviation Ministry's plan to rationalize additional charges that airlines have to pay while uplifting aviation turbine fuel (ATF) at airports across india. Currently, airlines have to pay taxes for certain services, such as 'throughput charges', 'into-plane charges' and 'fuel-infrastructure charges' when they take the ATF at any airport for their planes.
A senior government official said "These charges are taxed multiple times as they are billed in a circuitous manner”. Furthermore a second official said the Ministry of Civil Aviation had formed a committee to develop a direct billing mechanism between airline companies and airport operators so that these multiple taxes can be removed.
During one of the meetings of the committee, the official said, the OMCs Indian Oil, Hindustan Petroleum and Bharat Petroleum stated that the state governments would be reluctant to let go of the tax revenues that come from the circuitous billing.
Gold demand could improve in October due to Diwali festival and discounts could narrow Reportedly gold demand in top-consumer China was subdued this week as investors awaited outcome of crucial trade negotiations with the United States, while purchases in India during a key festival were lower than usual because of higher prices. India celebrated Dussehra festival on Tuesday, when buying gold is considered auspicious.
- Banks started using credit score of potential buyers to fix interest rate on loans
- Mukesh Ambani richest Indian Adani claimed second position
- India likely to limit palm oil import from Malaysia over J&K remark
- Oil companies to Air India: pay monthly or will cut fuel supply
- Niti CEO to decide on private rails, stations, not railway
- RSS and BJP lock horns over regional trade grouping
- Malvinder Singh former CEO of Ranbaxy arrested
- SBIs one year MCLR brought down from 8.15% pa to 8.05% pa
- Johnson & Johnson fined 8 billion dollars for not informing consumer of some drugs that grows Male breast
- Former PMC BANK MD kept in Police custody till October 17
- Ravi Prakash arrested now khaidi no. 4412
- US said it would slap 10% tariffs on European-made Airbus
- Accused gathered information online on committing murder
- Thomas Cook enables customers to get refunds within 60 days of receiving refund forms
- Petrol and Diesel recorded in Maharashtra's Parbhani at Rs 81.93/litre and diesel Rs 71.31/litre