According to finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman the drop in car sales is due to the rise in popularity of app based cabs. She said that people nowadays prefer to use these cabs instead of buying their own cars. According to her millennials do not want the commitment of buying a car and instead want to use these app based cabs to make things easier for themselves. After all buying a car is not just an investment but cars also need to be maintained and taken care of.
According to Sitharaman the government led by the Prime Minister modi has done a great deal in enhancing the economy. She has said that the economy of india is projected to be a $5 trillion economy in the next 5 years in spite of a domestic and global slowdown. As far as the slowdown in sales and the loss of jobs in the automobile sector she said that as a counter measure government departments have been allowed to buy new cars.
Automobiles purchased till March 31 next year will be able to avail the benefit of additional depreciation of 15% with total depreciation of 30%. Other than this BS-IV vehicles which are bought till march 31 next year will remain in use for the entire registration period.
Why SEBI mulls new mechanism for Auditors and Gatekeepers? With an aim to unearth financial irregularities and other fraudulent transactions at listed companies, capital market regulator SEBI is planning to set up a new whistle-blower mechanism for auditors and other 'gatekeepers' to report such cases.
- Bengal Durga Pooja organizers reeling due to economic slump
- Why ailing auto sector been in reverse gear for the 10 months?
- Uber and Ola is preferred over an own car by millennial, says Nirmila Sitaraman on decline in car sales
- Airlines have to pay taxes for certain services
- Mother Dairy increased price of cow milk by Rs 2 to Rs 44 a litre in Delhi-NCR
- Gold rate rices to Peak
- Oil prices recovered some ground, depress demand in the future
- With there be cutting of taxes on Motor Vehicles?
- MPC has cut repo rate by 25 bps to 5.75 percent
- SBI decided to halt lending to dealers of Hyundai Motor India
- India's non-alcoholic Malt Drink Mart gets Coca Cola
- Gold prices could go up further if global trade tussle continues
- AirAsia India introducing additional flights from September 20, 2019
- Income tax officials able to use manual communication with assessee only in exceptional cases
- Will filing Income tax & GST return date is extended for J&K traders?