Sources have stated that the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) which conducts civil service examination has announced that there is no proposal currently under consideration of the government to give more weight age to general studies paper. This statement was made by The Minister of State for Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions Jitendra Singh in Lok Sabha.
The Minister of State for Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions Jitendra Singh clarified in Lok Sabha that the government is not considering any proposal to assign more weight age to general studies in UPSC Civil Services Examination due to be conducted on June 18, 2017.
According to Press trust of
India, in response to a question in Lok Sabha, Jitendra Singh said that
currently, the government is not considering any change in the weight age given
to general studies in the UPSC CSE for both preliminary and mains. Highlighting
the previous changes in the UPSC CSE exam pattern, Jitendra Singh said that
change in the syllabus of UPSC Civil Services took place in 2011 followed by
changes in 2013 when four papers of General Study’s carrying 250 marks each
Since 2013, General Study’s paper in Mains exam carries 1000 marks out of the total 1750 marks in the written examination. Also in 2015, the General Studies Paper II was made qualifying in nature with minimum marks fixed at 33% of total marks assigned. Therefore, the pattern for UPSC CSE 2017 prelims exam for Indian Administrative Services (IAS) remains the same as of now.
Internship helps you with tips to find the right job According to sources internship helps you establish a connection with the job industry it gives you the privilege to learn at your own pace it gives you a pre-employment training that comprises office etiquette and technical skills.
- Applications are welcome for Medical Services Recruitment Board (MRB)
- Assistant Director post recruitment in WBPSC
- Recruitment for various posts in Indian Navy
- How to make your kids ready for Std.X Board exams?
- What to do before an interview?
- Preparing a resume is more important, How to prepare?
- West Bengal Police Recruitment Board welcome applications for post of Sub Inspector
- Specialist Cadre Post recruitment in SBI 2018
- Steps to score 90% above Marks in CBSC Board Exam
- Lots of vacancy available and you can apply for Police Recruitment 2018
- Are you ready to apply for Assistant post in RBI?
- Walk in Interview at Spices Board for Trainee Analyst Posts
- Planning to study abroad? Try China
- Apply for Manager Post in NHAI 2018
- Railway Recruitment Board 2017 Education details