Sources have stated that as many as 15 Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs) set up under public-private partnership mode will soon be granted the powers to award degrees to their students. To give effect to this, HRD Minister Prakash Javadekar today introduced in the Lok Sabha the Indian Institutes of Information Technology (Public-Private Partnership) Bill, 2017, which seeks to declare 15 functional IIITs, set up under public-private partnership mode, as institutions of national importance.
These institutes are required to be given statutory status and enable them to "grant degrees to the students", according to the Statement of Objects and Reasons of the bill. The power of IIITs to grant degrees would enhance their acceptability and since students of five such institutes would be completing their graduation in July and August this year, there is an urgent need to confer the statutory status on them.
To help address the challenges faced by the country's information technology industry, the government has decided to set up 20 IIITs under the public-private partnership mode. Among others, the bill provides powers to "hold examinations and grant degrees, diplomas and other academic distinctions or title and to confer honorary degrees".
Currently, there are four IIITs which are funded by the government and functioning under the IIIT Act, 2014. These institutes are located at Jabalpur, Kancheepuram, Gwalior and Allahabad.
China is one of the most rewarding experiences of studying abroad According to sources China, being known as one of the wonders of the world, is a great place to live in. There are so many places of historical importance. The ancient and modern architecture are a sight as the country has a history of 5000 years old. To name a few places the Great Wall of China, the tall skyscrapers of Shanghai and Beijing's Olympic Bird's Nest.
- Railway Recruitment Board 2017 Education details
- Apply for Trade Apprentice Post in 2018 BHEL Recruitment
- Probationary Officer Post for Canara Bank Recruitment 2018
- Tips to succeed in Competitive Exams
- Multi Tasking Staff post in India Post 2018
- Apply for Engineering and Workmen Post in IOCL 2018
- Last date for applying Bank Jobs 2018 is January 10
- Indian Navy Recruitment 2018 - The Last date is January 13, 2018
- Apply for post in NIPER (National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research) - Salary details inside
- You can apply Online for Anna University courses
- Air India recruitment for different type of posts
- Apply various posts in IIT Hyderabad
- Here are some of the Winter Tips for students who are preparing for Half Yearly exams
- Apply immediately for 2018 ONGC Recruitment post
- Eligible criteria for Tourism Management