Iron is an important mineral needed by our bodies. Iron is a part of all cells and does many things in our bodies. Iron is a part of the protein (haemoglobin) carries oxygen from our lungs throughout our bodies. Having too little haemoglobin is called anaemia. Iron helps our muscles store and use oxygen.
1. Iron is a part of many enzymes and is used in many cell functions. Enzymes help our bodies digest foods and also help with many other important reactions that occur within our bodies. When our bodies don't have enough Iron many parts of our bodies are affected.
Iron deficiency is either due to increased need for Iron by the body or a
decreased absorption or amount of iron taken in. Signs of Iron deficiency
include fatigue, decreased work and school performance, difficulty in
maintaining body temperature and decreased Immune function.
Iron deficiency affects the memory power and mental functions of teens. Studies
show that Iron deficiency rate is higher in male and female adolescents. It's
the time of increased Iron needs because of the expansion of blood volume and
increased muscle mass.
Do you know which foods to avoid during Appendicitis? Alcohol, Animal based foods, especially sources of animal protein, Beverages like tea, coffee and carbonated drinks, Black cohash herb, as it aggravates the inflammation. Canned foods, cooked eggs, fried foods and fatty meats. Foods that contain white flour or other refined cereal, Gaseous foods like broccoli, beans and a few varieties of nuts.
- Do you want to reduce your weight 30 days?
- Protein foods builds body, Do you take in on regular basis?
- Cold and flu prevention from our daily diets
- Burning fat & Cholesterol makes us healthy
- Healthy hair needs nutritious foods
- Anemia can be cured by Ayurvedic treatment
- Protecting lungs from air pollution
- Summer season nearing, diets which makes us healthy
- How to handle common Skin Problems in summer?
- Is your daily foods has Cancer fighting ingredients?
- Grape Seed extract reduces risk of cancer
- Preventive steps for eradicating Cancer in your LIFE!!!
- Do you know about Pregnancy symptoms in the first month?
- Homemade remedies for treating irregular periods to a regular one
- Some highlighting facts about Iron and Iron Deficiency