Young children should consume about 800 milligrams of calcium a day. But between ages 9 and 18, when bone growth speeds up, that requirement almost doubles to 1,300 mg. That's about three cups of fat-free or low-fat milk plus additional calcium-rich foods, such as broccoli, cheese, yogurt, or calcium-fortified orange juice.
and adolescents need at least 200 international units of vitamin D. Milk and
orange juice often is fortified with the vitamin; a few other foods contain it.
Sunlight is a major source. About 10 to 15 minutes of sun exposure weekly is
enough for many children, although skin pigmentation alters sun absorption so
black children need more. The goal is to get just enough sun for vitamin D
production while avoiding too much of its skin-damaging rays.
of all ages need about an hour of physical activity most days, and 10 to 15
minutes at a time can add up. Weight-bearing exercises strengthen bone,
anything from team sports like soccer to simply jumping rope or running around.
The goal is for the arms or legs to bear all the body's weight.
Do you know which foods to avoid during Appendicitis? Alcohol, Animal based foods, especially sources of animal protein, Beverages like tea, coffee and carbonated drinks, Black cohash herb, as it aggravates the inflammation. Canned foods, cooked eggs, fried foods and fatty meats. Foods that contain white flour or other refined cereal, Gaseous foods like broccoli, beans and a few varieties of nuts.
- Do you want to reduce your weight 30 days?
- Protein foods builds body, Do you take in on regular basis?
- Cold and flu prevention from our daily diets
- Burning fat & Cholesterol makes us healthy
- Healthy hair needs nutritious foods
- Anemia can be cured by Ayurvedic treatment
- Protecting lungs from air pollution
- Summer season nearing, diets which makes us healthy
- How to handle common Skin Problems in summer?
- Is your daily foods has Cancer fighting ingredients?
- Grape Seed extract reduces risk of cancer
- Preventive steps for eradicating Cancer in your LIFE!!!
- Do you know about Pregnancy symptoms in the first month?
- Homemade remedies for treating irregular periods to a regular one
- Some highlighting facts about Iron and Iron Deficiency