Iron is important for all kids going through puberty, but it is especially important for girls. Girls who begin to go through menstruation are “susceptible to anemia and iron deficiency,” so lean meats should be a regular part of their diet. King lists raisins as a good source of iron and notes that "beans, spinach, and eggs are some really good sources of iron, specifically for menstruating females.”
Children going through puberty also need a diet that focuses on protein, as the protein helps bones, organ tissue and other parts of the body grow. While protein can be found in the lean meats and beans that also help with iron, it's also available in seafood sources like salmon patties and tuna sandwiches.
We want to make sure that they get all the calcium that they need. And most adolescents need about 1200 mg of calcium a day. We recommend that to be from a low-fat dairy source, whether that be milk or low-fat cheese or yogurt because the calcium is going to be better absorbed from food rather than a supplement.
Zinc can be found in fortified cereals, poultry, lean meats and other foods that teenagers should already be eating. Teenage boys need about 11 milligrams of zinc a day, while girls need about nine milligrams.
Osteo Arthritis makes many tough to walk People with osteoarthritis often have joint pain and reduced motion. Unlike some other forms of arthritis, osteoarthritis affects only joints and not internal organs. Rheumatoid arthritis, the second most common form of arthritis affects other parts of the body besides the joints. Osteoarthritis is the common type of arthritis among all women who has crossed 50 years.
- Bad effects of wearing high heels
- Do you want to stay disease free this winter?
- Do you want to lose your Apple or Pear shaped belly?
- Will Air pollution affect our respiratory Track?
- Tips to lose Belly fat within few days
- Some strategies how to manage Ulcer
- Healthy benefits of Nature's gifted ingredient Honey
- Diet to be taken during Diarrhea
- Calcium for Women is an essential one
- Foods to avoid to stay healthy always
- Home remedies to reduce body heat
- Can you preserve your vision by having a hot cup of tea?
- Healthy heart is a must to stay long
- Is winter season making your asthma serious?
- Fenugreek seeds that could change your life in modern fast paced world