One half cup of these legumes contains over 4 mg of iron, plus they're an excellent source of important minerals like copper, which helps keep our blood vessels and immune systems healthy, and manganese, an essential nutrient involved in many chemical processes in the body. In addition, soybeans are high in protein and fiber as well as many vitamins and amino acids.
Organ meats like liver and giblets are some of the best sources of heme iron, with the added bonus of other minerals, vitamins, and protein. Beef liver is incredibly high in iron at 5 mg per slice. If you're not a fan of liver, other animal proteins like egg yolks (3 milligrams per half cup) and red meat (2 to 3 milligrams per 3 ounces) are also high in iron.
Wonderful benefits of eating Green Color Vegetables Leafy greens should be a regular part of your diet. Aside from being high in vitamin A, leafy greens are also a good source of calcium. If you don't eat dairy, be sure to load up on deeply colored greens to get enough of the essential mineral. But, your doctor might ask you to ration these leafy greens as they are high in vitamin K, which could interfere with your medication.
- Benefits of eating Yellow colored Fruits & Vegetables
- Benefits of eating Red Colored Vegetables
- Healthy benefits of eating Jaggery
- Do you eat nuts daily to stay healthy?
- Special benefits of eating Mangosteen Fruit
- What Else Affects Asthma Symptoms?
- Treating white discharge in women with Homemade Ingredients
- Fenugreek seeds that could change your life
- Reducing Belly Fat is a Tough Task for Men
- Information about Osteo Arthritis everyone should know
- Foods recommended after delivery by a Gynecologist
- Staying healthy during rainy season
- Which is the right position to sleep at night?
- What's the best time to eat every day?
- Lazer eye surgery in diabetic patients poses more challenge