Sprouts should always be washed before consuming. This is to remove any fungus and pesticide residue. The surplus stem should be cut off and the leaves should be discarded. Stale, smelly and dull looking sprouts should not be consumed. Avoid cooking, roasting or frying sprouts as they lose their nutritive value when exposed to heat.
You can buy packaged sprout grains, cook the sprouts as a side dish or bake with sprouted grain flours. Sprouted grains can be enjoyed in risotto, pudding, and sandwiches and alone. Usually retired people, pregnant ladies and kids should eat sprouts to stay fit and healthy.
Baking is very easy with sprout flour. It creates a really nice texture and has a sweet and less harsh taste as compared to regular whole wheat flour. You can combine millet with sprouts flour to make tasty bread.
Drinking more water during summer season is a must Weight loss Water is an effective appetite suppressant. So, consuming water cuts down hunger and reduces need for extra meals. That results in losing valuable weight and keeping one fit and healthy during summer. Combats dehydration Water is a wonder drug dealing dehydration. 7-9 glass water intake a day regulates body temperature and replaces the essential electrolytes lost due to excessive sweating.
- Health tips for this Hot Summer
- Do you eat in Banana leaf which is eco-friendly?
- Eating Pan Masala has more side effects
- Some advantages of eating Sprouts
- Benefits of eating Bitter fruit Amla
- Some disadvantages of Drinking Coffee everyday
- Eating with Hands is healthy than with Spoon
- Pregnant Ladies should eat foods rich in Iron content