Pearl Millet is known as Bajra in india and india is the largest producer of pearl millet, and Rajasthan is the highest producing state. It is one of the common millet available in india. Sadly, like all the other millet recipes, this gruel is also segregated as poor man’s diet. But as I mentioned in the neeragaram post, the traditional and millet recipes are slowly reviving back. Just look at the nutrition information (Source Wiki) of Pearl Millet, especially the protein content. Why not incorporate it into our daily menu?
Protein(g) – 10.6Fiber(g) – 1.3Minerals(g) – 2.3Iron(mg) – 16.9Calcium(mg) – 38
The niacin in these millets helps to reduce cholesterol and magnesium helps to lower blood pressure and reduces the risk of heart attacks.The high fiber content helps in keeping the glucose level normal.It helps in weight loss and also helps to cure stomach ulcers and gallbladder stones.
UNICEF says many Kids are undernourished or overweight At least one in every three children under five years of age is undernourished or overweight, according to a new Unicef report that sounds the alarm on the consequences of poor diets around the world. In the report published on Monday, the Unicef warned that millions of children were eating too little of the food they need and too much of what they don't need, adding "poor diets are now the main risk factor for the global burden of disease".
- UNICEF says many Kids are undernourished or overweight
- Miraculous benefits of eating foods in Banana Leaf
- What is healthy ageing?
- Benefits of having balanced diet
- Do you what is Centrifugal Health?
- High Fructose Foods may damage the liver's ability to properly burn fat
- Why do you get headache every day?
- Taking care of Bone health, when losing weight
- Maintaining youthful skin is easy
- Leafy greens salad for weight loss
- Andhra Pradesh: One can get only 3(Three) bottles of booze at a time now
- Foods to boost your child's immunity
- Reducing Belly fat through these Foods
- Health tips women should follow to stay healthy
- Reducing body fat without doing exercise, is this possible?