Pearl Millet is known as Bajra in india and india is the largest producer of pearl millet, and Rajasthan is the highest producing state. It is one of the common millet available in india. Sadly, like all the other millet recipes, this gruel is also segregated as poor man’s diet. But as I mentioned in the neeragaram post, the traditional and millet recipes are slowly reviving back. Just look at the nutrition information (Source Wiki) of Pearl Millet, especially the protein content. Why not incorporate it into our daily menu?
Protein(g) – 10.6Fiber(g) – 1.3Minerals(g) – 2.3Iron(mg) – 16.9Calcium(mg) – 38
The niacin in these millets helps to reduce cholesterol and magnesium helps to lower blood pressure and reduces the risk of heart attacks.The high fiber content helps in keeping the glucose level normal.It helps in weight loss and also helps to cure stomach ulcers and gallbladder stones.
Staying Healthy during summer season Always Apply Sunscreen It is important to use a sun cream lotion of at least SPF 30 in order to protect your skin from harmful UV rays. For sensitive skin, a mineral based sunscreen is best. Don’t sit in the sun in peak hours between 10am and 4pm in order to minimize UV radiation. If you are planning to be out in the sun for a long period of time, reapply sun cream every two to three hours.
- Foods suggested for reducing body heat
- Mens fitness important through Joint friendly foods
- Eat these foods to get Regular Periods
- Some Foods that fight Cold and flu
- Getting rid of rashes under breast is a must
- Warning signs before heart attack
- How to maintain healthy eyes at your 40's & 50's?
- Women should follow these health tips to stay healthy
- What you should eat for Iftar this Ramadan 2019?
- Wonderful Benefits of Banana Flower that nobody talks about
- Incredible benefits of eating Banana Flower
- Sinus remedies from home
- Benefits of drinking lemon juice daily
- Remedies to reduce body heat naturally this Summer
- Eat Protein food to stay Healthy