Iron is an important mineral needed by our bodies. Iron is a part of all cells and does many things in our bodies. Iron is a part of the protein (haemoglobin) carries oxygen from our lungs throughout our bodies. Having too little haemoglobin is called anaemia. Iron helps our muscles store and use oxygen.
1. Iron is a part of many enzymes and is used in many cell
functions. Enzymes help our bodies digest foods and also help with many other
important reactions that occur within our bodies. When our bodies don't have
many parts of our bodies are affected.
2. Iron deficiency is either due to increased need for Iron by the body or a decreased absorption or amount of iron taken in. Signs of Iron deficiency include fatigue, decreased work and school performance, difficulty in maintaining body temperature and decreased Immune function.
3. Iron deficiency affects the memory power and mental functions of teens. Studies show that Iron deficiency rate is higher in male and female adolescents. It's the time of increased Iron needs because of the expansion of blood volume and increased muscle mass.
4. Overweight and obese children also appear to be at increased risk of Iron deficiency. In today's busy and fast paced life no one has time to eat Iron rich foods. Iron is more in goat's liver, spinach, poultry, fish and Vitamin C rich foods. Avoid fast foods, pizzas, burgers, fried foods etc as they don't have Iron needed for our body.
Miraculous benefits of eating foods in Banana Leaf Anti-oxidant Rich Banana leaves contains large amounts of polyphenols that are natural antioxidants. These are found in many plant-based foods and green tea. Food served on the banana leaves absorbs the polyphenols which are said to prevent many lifestyle diseases. They are also said to have anti-bacterial properties that can possibly kill the germs in food.
- What is healthy ageing?
- Benefits of having balanced diet
- Do you what is Centrifugal Health?
- High Fructose Foods may damage the liver's ability to properly burn fat
- Why do you get headache every day?
- Taking care of Bone health, when losing weight
- Maintaining youthful skin is easy
- Leafy greens salad for weight loss
- Andhra Pradesh: One can get only 3(Three) bottles of booze at a time now
- Foods to boost your child's immunity
- Reducing Belly fat through these Foods
- Health tips women should follow to stay healthy
- Reducing body fat without doing exercise, is this possible?
- How to cure Viral Fever at Home?
- Dengue menace in city: more deaths reported