Festivals in Kerala are always celebrated with much pomp and show. The festive seasons display the best of Kerala’s rich culture and heritage. You will not want to miss the vibrant colors, exotic fragrances, scintillating music, and century long traditions that set each festival apart from the other.
Onam (also known as Thiruvonam) is the state festival of Kerala, observed by all its citizens, irrespective of caste, creed or community. Onam is traditionally celebrated with much joy and fervor.
Vishu is an auspicious festival celebrated by Hindus on the first day of the Malayalam month of Medam (April-May). Vishu is hailed as the beginning of a new year by residents of Kerala.
The birth of Jesus Christ is observed with traditional church services and elaborate nativity arrangements, sharing the love of Christ and the peace of the season with families and neighbors.
Easter is celebrated worldwide to signify the resurrection of Jesus Christ as the Christians in Kerala account for about 23% of the state’s population.
Ramadan is a month long festival observed earnest prayers, and fasting from to food to purify the body and soul, and become closer to God.
Deepavali is a celebration of God Sree Krishna’s triumph over the demon Narakasura. The Tamil communities in Kerala begin their celebrations early in the morning with a ritual oil bath before sunrise.
The crux of the Sivarathri celebration is at the Siva Temple at Aluva, on the banks of the Periyar River. There is a Siva Lingom (idol) that emerges out of the sand on the river bank that attracts thousands of pilgrims.
Connecting the Unconnect, The Biggest Challenge for Wifi Connecting the Unconnect, The Biggest Challenge for Wifi WiFi is being touted as backbone of digital infrastructure across many countries but so far it has seen a lacklustre growth in India. Globally there is one WiFi hotspot for every 150 people. As per a TAIPA report there are 31,518 WiFi hotspots as of 31st March 2016 and this figure includes the deployments in Hotels and Cafes. In contrast, countries like France, US and the UK had 1.3 crore, 98 lakh, and 56 lakh hotspots, respectively.
- Lakmé Fashion Week and WeWork kickstart the Fashion Incubation Program for Young Designers
- Polaroid Eyewear Introduces its Spring/Summer 2018 Collection with Anushka Sharma
- The Crest Adjudged as Indias Most Stylish Property
- Systematic Review Examines Potential Health Benefits of Pear Consumption
- Globally Acclaimed Probiotic Drink Yakult Light Unveiled by Bollywood Star and Fitness Icon Shilpa Shetty
- Max Fashion Unveils its Spring 2018 Collection with Underprivileged Kids
- Max Fashion Unveils its Spring 2018 Collection with Swwapnil Joshi
- Clovia Launches Hotter than the Hottest Valentines Collection
- Climate Changes also affect People's Personality
- Maharaj Kumar Lakshyaraj Singh Mewar Iconic Vastra Daan Initiative
- Consuming Walnuts may Improve Mood in Young Men: Study
- Brushing up the Slums of Mumbai, Misaal Mumbai Initiative - By Artist Rouble Nagi
- Demystifying Employee Engagement for Technology Organizations a New Book Are You The Leader You Want To Be Launched
- Host Kristen Bell and Other Major Celebrities Accessorized with Platinum Jewelry at the 24th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards
- Are you Lying around in the Bed whole Weekend? Well, that's really Good for you!