According to sources as per a government directive, you are meant to link Aadhaar and PAN to your LIC (Life Insurance Corporation) policies by December 31, says India's biggest life insurer on its website. LIC has come up with a facility which enables policyholders to link Aadhaar with their policies online.
Meanwhile the Insurance regulator IRDAI (Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India) had earlier said linkage of Aadhaar number with insurance policies is mandatory and asked insurers to comply with the statutory norms.
Further IRDAI said "The
Authority clarifies that, linkage of Aadhaar number to insurance policies is
mandatory under the Prevention of Money Laundering (Maintenance of Records)
Second Amendment Rules, 2017”. The insurer added that after verification with
UIDAI or Unique Identification Authority of India, which issues Aadhaar card, a
SMS/mail confirmation will be sent to you, says LIC and the verification may take
Connecting the Unconnect, The Biggest Challenge for Wifi Connecting the Unconnect, The Biggest Challenge for Wifi WiFi is being touted as backbone of digital infrastructure across many countries but so far it has seen a lacklustre growth in India. Globally there is one WiFi hotspot for every 150 people. As per a TAIPA report there are 31,518 WiFi hotspots as of 31st March 2016 and this figure includes the deployments in Hotels and Cafes. In contrast, countries like France, US and the UK had 1.3 crore, 98 lakh, and 56 lakh hotspots, respectively.
- Lakmé Fashion Week and WeWork kickstart the Fashion Incubation Program for Young Designers
- Polaroid Eyewear Introduces its Spring/Summer 2018 Collection with Anushka Sharma
- The Crest Adjudged as Indias Most Stylish Property
- Systematic Review Examines Potential Health Benefits of Pear Consumption
- Globally Acclaimed Probiotic Drink Yakult Light Unveiled by Bollywood Star and Fitness Icon Shilpa Shetty
- Max Fashion Unveils its Spring 2018 Collection with Underprivileged Kids
- Max Fashion Unveils its Spring 2018 Collection with Swwapnil Joshi
- Clovia Launches Hotter than the Hottest Valentines Collection
- Climate Changes also affect People's Personality
- Maharaj Kumar Lakshyaraj Singh Mewar Iconic Vastra Daan Initiative
- Consuming Walnuts may Improve Mood in Young Men: Study
- Brushing up the Slums of Mumbai, Misaal Mumbai Initiative - By Artist Rouble Nagi
- Demystifying Employee Engagement for Technology Organizations a New Book Are You The Leader You Want To Be Launched
- Host Kristen Bell and Other Major Celebrities Accessorized with Platinum Jewelry at the 24th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards
- Are you Lying around in the Bed whole Weekend? Well, that's really Good for you!