Soho House, the international hotel chain and private members’ club, took over a seaside property in Juhu and announced its launch, there was little doubt that it would quickly become Bollywood’s favorite hangout. Meanwhile having first opened in London, in 1995, Soho House reserves its membership for the creative community. Furthermore members include people from music, design, art, film, fashion, media and advertising communities. Nick Jones, its founder, saw an opportunity in the vibrant artistic scene of Mumbai said “It has many young entrepreneurial creative, who will add to the Soho House community around the world”.
Reportedly Soho House has a rooftop area and gym, a private theatre, a member’s lounge area and 38 bedrooms with a preference given to the global and local members. They also host various events such as gym classes, yoga, film screenings and live music performances. Their two dining options, the Italian restaurant Cecconi, and The Allis, a cafe, are open to the public. The house also offers a special half price membership to applicants under the age of 27.
Moreover many actors, producers and directors can be seen dining or working away on their laptops at one its chic restaurants. Director Kanu Behl hosted a screening of his short film at the plush theatre here. Apparently the property has over 200 artworks on display, including an installation by Subodh Gupta.
Ways to fight childhood obesity A new study, published in the journal BMC Public Health finds that children who regularly walk or cycle to school are less likely to be overweight or obese than those who opt for a car or public transport. Children love junk food. Introduce them to healthy foods instead. Make them try varied healthy eating horizons.
- Limiting exposure to mobile in evening reverses sleep problems
- Measures to prevent Aids on World Aids Vaccine Day
- How could help you lose weight and stay fit permanently?
- Talking about food benefits is likely to get your kid to eat healthier
- This Mother's Day, give your mother a break from the kitchen, cook simple dish
- Passive smoking linked with increased risk of hypertension
- Actress Shilpa Shetty's son trusts Tiger Shroff as his inspiration
- Actress Sonali Bendre cried a whole night when she was diagnosed with Cancer
- Dusky beauty Sushmita Sen recently shared an extreme workout video with her fans
- Happy spouse leads to longer married life
- Dont take high BP lightly
- Architect MN Ashish Ganju on imagining a museum of architecture housing built diversity
- Retail fashion brand Lifestyle International completed 20 years into operations
- Sara Ali Khan cautious about her beauty even during touring
- Lifestyle changes results in more caesarean deliveries