It has nothing to do with your body weight
Obesity is a factor which affects your risk of developing gestational diabetes, but not all obese women will develop this condition. Gestational diabetes is a condition which has more to do with your body's ability to process glucose than your body weight. Besides this, your body's sensitivity to insulin decreases during pregnancy.
You may not need insulin
Not all women with gestational diabetes need insulin. Instead, most of them may successfully achieve normal blood sugar levels with the help of a balanced diet and proper physical activity. Even if insulin is required, a small dose is enough. Larger doses can be painful for the mother. She can take 4 small doses of insulin in a day. Recent studies suggest that oral medications can also be beneficial for women with gestational diabetes.
You may not necessarily gain weight
Weight gain is likely to take place in women with gestational diabetes. But if you look after your blood sugar levels, this may not necessarily happen. Following a proper diet and engaging in low-impact physical activities can be quite helpful in keeping blood sugar levels under control. Women with gestational diabetes must eat foods which have a low-glycemic index.
Unhealthy foods at work place are dangerous If you tend to keep guards on unhealthy foods down at workplace, you may be at an increased risk of diabetes and cardiovascular diseases, compared with those who eat healthy food, says a study. Employees who purchased the least healthy food in the cafeteria were more likely to have an unhealthy diet outside of work, be overweight and/or obese compared with employees who made healthier choices,
- Kajol look classy in this Jumpsuit - Isn't she?
- Ways to fight childhood obesity
- Limiting exposure to mobile in evening reverses sleep problems
- Measures to prevent Aids on World Aids Vaccine Day
- How could help you lose weight and stay fit permanently?
- Talking about food benefits is likely to get your kid to eat healthier
- This Mother's Day, give your mother a break from the kitchen, cook simple dish
- Passive smoking linked with increased risk of hypertension
- Actress Shilpa Shetty's son trusts Tiger Shroff as his inspiration
- Actress Sonali Bendre cried a whole night when she was diagnosed with Cancer
- Dusky beauty Sushmita Sen recently shared an extreme workout video with her fans
- Happy spouse leads to longer married life
- Dont take high BP lightly
- Architect MN Ashish Ganju on imagining a museum of architecture housing built diversity
- Retail fashion brand Lifestyle International completed 20 years into operations