Traditional concepts of pairing white meat with white wine and red meat with red wine might still work in western countries but in India, it becomes essential to match the intensity of the food with the wine, says one of the country's youngest sommeliers.
Arjun Sachar said "Wine and food pairing is an individualized affair. What works for one person might not work for another depending on their taste and preferences. There is also a right way to do it and a wrong way to do which people learn with their own experience," 29 who will be directing a two day Delhi Wine Festival at the swish QLA European style outlet over the weekend.
In India, where different regional cuisines have their own gravies and sauces, the relevance of enhancing the richness and subtle spices used in a dish is as important as pairing the protein (meat) with the wine. So, it is essential to match the intensity of the food with the wine. There has been a rise in the growth of wine consumption in India over the past couple of years, even though the market share is comparatively smaller than spirits.
Unhealthy foods at work place are dangerous If you tend to keep guards on unhealthy foods down at workplace, you may be at an increased risk of diabetes and cardiovascular diseases, compared with those who eat healthy food, says a study. Employees who purchased the least healthy food in the cafeteria were more likely to have an unhealthy diet outside of work, be overweight and/or obese compared with employees who made healthier choices,
- Kajol look classy in this Jumpsuit - Isn't she?
- Ways to fight childhood obesity
- Limiting exposure to mobile in evening reverses sleep problems
- Measures to prevent Aids on World Aids Vaccine Day
- How could help you lose weight and stay fit permanently?
- Talking about food benefits is likely to get your kid to eat healthier
- This Mother's Day, give your mother a break from the kitchen, cook simple dish
- Passive smoking linked with increased risk of hypertension
- Actress Shilpa Shetty's son trusts Tiger Shroff as his inspiration
- Actress Sonali Bendre cried a whole night when she was diagnosed with Cancer
- Dusky beauty Sushmita Sen recently shared an extreme workout video with her fans
- Happy spouse leads to longer married life
- Dont take high BP lightly
- Architect MN Ashish Ganju on imagining a museum of architecture housing built diversity
- Retail fashion brand Lifestyle International completed 20 years into operations