Recently researchers have found that pre-schoolers with symptoms of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) are much less likely to be ready for school, compared to other children of the same age. The study, published in the journal Pediatrics, included 93 children - 45 children with ADHD and 48 without the condition. Aged between 4-5 years, nearly all had attended or were currently enrolled in preschool and some were enrolled in kindergarten.
It was found that 79 per cent of the children with ADHD had impaired school readiness compared with 13 per cent of children in the control group."We were pretty surprised at the proportion of kids within the ADHD group who were not school-ready, it's a really high number," said Irene Loe, Assistant Professor at Stanford University in the US.
They were 73 times more likely than children without ADHD to be impaired in approaches to learning; more than seven times as likely to have impaired social and emotional development; six times as likely to have impaired language development; and three times as likely to have impaired physical well-being and motor development.
Will Instant noodle affect Asian kids? A diet heavy on cheap, modern food like instant noodles that fills bellies but lacks key nutrients has left millions of children unhealthily thin or overweight in Southeast Asia, experts say. The Philippines, Indonesia, and Malaysia have booming economies and rising standards of living, yet many working parents do not have the time, money or awareness to steer clear of food hurting their kids.
- Researchers invented a new technique in genomics to track down causes of rare genetic diseases
- People who smoke will have lung damage
- Tomatoes provided better healthy to your heart
- Studies shown dog ownership alleviates social isolation and even lowers BP
- Ability of kidney to maintain water balance is vital to our health
- Fathers drinking 3 months before conception increases risk of congenital heart disease in babies
- A growing body research identified smart phone dependency and symptoms of depression and loneliness
- Amy Jackson shares photo of her son Andreas
- Its time to pay more attention to what you eat during exams
- Deal with menopausal symptoms, here are few natural remedies
- September rains breaks 100 year old record in Telangana
- Women are quicker to take cover or prepare to evacuate during an emergency
- Donot want to take the bus Next time, rent a two-wheeler instead
- More heavy rains to batter state of Telangana : IMD
- People get together to clean city beaches