Researchers have found that students who use their smart phones five or more hours a day are prone to higher risk of obesity and likely to have other lifestyle habits that increase the risk of heart disease. According to a study, researchers analyzed 1,060 students (700 girls and 360 boys) of colombia with an average age of 19 years and 20 years, respectively. The study found that the risk of obesity increases by 43 per cent if a smart phone was used for five or more hours a day, as participating students were twice as likely to drink more sugary drinks, fast food, sweets, snacks and have decreased physical activities.
According to researchers, 26 per cent of the students who were overweight and 4.6 per cent who were obese spent more than five hours using their device. Spending too much time using the smart phone facilitates sedentary behaviors, reduces the time of physical activity, which increases the risk of premature death, diabetes, heart disease and different types of cancer.
The best way out is to encourage yourself to reduce the duration of time being used on phones and other related gadgets at the same time, to indulge in physical activities like yoga or any other sports or exercise pattern, and by not becoming a couch potato
Will Instant noodle affect Asian kids? A diet heavy on cheap, modern food like instant noodles that fills bellies but lacks key nutrients has left millions of children unhealthily thin or overweight in Southeast Asia, experts say. The Philippines, Indonesia, and Malaysia have booming economies and rising standards of living, yet many working parents do not have the time, money or awareness to steer clear of food hurting their kids.
- Researchers invented a new technique in genomics to track down causes of rare genetic diseases
- People who smoke will have lung damage
- Tomatoes provided better healthy to your heart
- Studies shown dog ownership alleviates social isolation and even lowers BP
- Ability of kidney to maintain water balance is vital to our health
- Fathers drinking 3 months before conception increases risk of congenital heart disease in babies
- A growing body research identified smart phone dependency and symptoms of depression and loneliness
- Amy Jackson shares photo of her son Andreas
- Its time to pay more attention to what you eat during exams
- Deal with menopausal symptoms, here are few natural remedies
- September rains breaks 100 year old record in Telangana
- Women are quicker to take cover or prepare to evacuate during an emergency
- Donot want to take the bus Next time, rent a two-wheeler instead
- More heavy rains to batter state of Telangana : IMD
- People get together to clean city beaches