A story published in Daily Mail said that an analysis of six studies involving 1.615 people using fitness trackers found that none of them had any meaningful drop in cholesterol or blood pressure, and only one recorded weight loss.
When speaking assistant professor in the school of health Services Research, Dr Jo said, "I thought that wearable devices would definitely help to lose weight, at some point, because they make people move, but apparently not," adding, "They can motivate people to avoid a sedentary lifestyle, but that does not change people's lifestyle to be [adequately] active."
A Brigham and women's Hospital study of 16,000 elderly women found they were more likely to survive for the next five years if they walked over 4,000 steps a day as compared to those who only clocked 2,700 a day. The study further found that more steps were protective, but only till 7,500 steps. Speaking about it, lead author of the study Dr I-Min had said that it should not drive people to exercise less, but that one should not feel totally deflated if you fall short sometimes.
Treatment for Chikungunya through these Foods Citrus fruits Food items which are rich in Vitamin C are generally advised for consumption after suffering from chikungunya. They help in the immunity process and since the digestive system is also highly affected in this disease, food rich in vitamin C becomes easily digestible.
- Amy Jackson expecting her first child with fiancé George Panayiotou in October
- Drink Tea to get better organized brain functioning
- Why people gain weight as they become older?
- The ace birdwatcher of Vizag
- A 30 feet Ganesha made of 2 lakh bangles steals the show
- YouTube to pay Fine for violating Kids Privacy Law
- Try hot yoga for Blood pressure issues
- Slim people always stays slim
- Sushmita Sen took her daughter to Maldives to gift her this experience on her 10th Birthday
- Doing household chores reduces early death
- Protecting your Family from Flu this Monsoon
- Husband during Delivery reduces Childbirth pain
- Is it possible to predict death by this New Blood test?
- Making exercise a stress outlet may help students
- People who work with animals faced with animal suffering and death routinely and mental health issues