In certain societies, having multiple husbands can be an advantage for women in difficult times as they can buffer themselves against effects of the economy, finds an interesting research. The study by University of California, Davis (UC Davis), challenges evolutionary-derived sexual stereotypes about men and women, finding that multiple spouses can be good for women too.
It is well known that men benefit reproductively from having multiple spouses, but the reasons why women might benefit from multiple marriages are not as clear. women, as a result of pregnancy and lactation, can't reproduce as fast as males.
"Our work (together with suggestions of others) suggests that marrying multiply may be a wise strategy for women where the necessities of life are hard, and where men's economic productivity and health can vary radically over their lifetime due to the challenging environmental conditions," said lead researcher Monique Borgerhoff Mulder from UC Davis professor of anthropology. Researchers infer that by acquiring multiple spouses, women can buffer themselves against economic and social crises, and more effectively keep their children alive.
Drink Tea to get better organized brain functioning Researchers have found that regular tea drinkers have better organized brain regions and this is associated with healthy cognitive function as compared to non-tea drinkers. "Our results offer the first evidence of positive contribution of tea drinking to brain structure, and suggest that drinking tea regularly has a protective effect against age-related decline in brain organization," according to a study authored by Feng Lei, Assistant Professor from the National University of Singapore.
- Why people gain weight as they become older?
- The ace birdwatcher of Vizag
- A 30 feet Ganesha made of 2 lakh bangles steals the show
- YouTube to pay Fine for violating Kids Privacy Law
- Try hot yoga for Blood pressure issues
- Slim people always stays slim
- Sushmita Sen took her daughter to Maldives to gift her this experience on her 10th Birthday
- Doing household chores reduces early death
- Protecting your Family from Flu this Monsoon
- Husband during Delivery reduces Childbirth pain
- Is it possible to predict death by this New Blood test?
- Making exercise a stress outlet may help students
- People who work with animals faced with animal suffering and death routinely and mental health issues
- Is multiple spouses good for women?
- Festival of love between Brothers and Sisters