Reportedly a team of scientists may finally have found an answer to a question that has long baffled humanity: Is it possible to predict death? Led by the Max Planck Institute for Biology of Ageing in germany, researchers studied 44,168 individuals and found 14 biomarkers in the blood that are “independently associated with death in people of all ages,” according to journal Nature Communications. With over 80 percent accuracy, their predictions about a person's risk of death within the next five to 10 years proved to be significantly more accurate than the ones made through conventional methods, such as measuring blood pressure and cholesterol.
As researchers on aging, we are keen to determine the biological age”. The calendar age just doesn't say very much about the general state of health of elderly people: one 70 year old is healthy, while another may already be suffering from three diseases," study director Professor Eline Slagboom said in a statement. He added, "We now have a set of biomarkers which may help to identify vulnerable elderly people, who could subsequently be treated."
“In this new study, a number of the markers are validated and implicated in long-term mortality and the authors suggest that more could be, which would be a worthwhile exercise," Dr Amanda, who was not directly involved in the study, commented.
Researchers invented a new technique in genomics to track down causes of rare genetic diseases For the new technology, the researchers, including those from Scripps Research Institute in the US, applied the fact that each person inherited two copies of every gene, or alleles one from the mother and another from the father.
- People who smoke will have lung damage
- Tomatoes provided better healthy to your heart
- Studies shown dog ownership alleviates social isolation and even lowers BP
- Ability of kidney to maintain water balance is vital to our health
- Fathers drinking 3 months before conception increases risk of congenital heart disease in babies
- A growing body research identified smart phone dependency and symptoms of depression and loneliness
- Amy Jackson shares photo of her son Andreas
- Its time to pay more attention to what you eat during exams
- Deal with menopausal symptoms, here are few natural remedies
- September rains breaks 100 year old record in Telangana
- Women are quicker to take cover or prepare to evacuate during an emergency
- Donot want to take the bus Next time, rent a two-wheeler instead
- More heavy rains to batter state of Telangana : IMD
- People get together to clean city beaches
- Are you shifting to Vegan diets, chances of Brain Nutrient Deficiency?