What Is Good
What Is Bad
- No logic
- Lots of loopholes
This is a sequel to the famous 'Olympus Has Fallen' and Gerard Butler is back as Mike Banning. He is going to submit resignation from the Presidential Protection Division and he was immediately called again to protect and escort President Benjamin Asher (Aaron Eckhart) to London, after the British Prime Minister kicks the bucket. The funeral brings all World leaders together at one place and this allows international arms dealer Aamir Barkawi (Alon Aboutboul) to initiate a scheme of mass terror. He is keen to hunt down all world leaders at one place. With hundreds of enemy militants closing in around them, Banning and Asher must attack them and devise a plan and save the World leaders.
Gerard Butler clearly fits the bill as a secret agent and an escort to President. The action scenes are well crafted and they don't look fake. Right from car bombs to bridges and Westminster Abbey were blown up. Especially the street fight is quite entertaining as if playing a video game. It is quite funny. Aaron Eckhart plays the President who can handle a weapon. Morgan Freeman shows his mettle as Vice President and Angela Bassett, Charlotte Riley provide good support. The movie has some negatives in casting and the movie is completely flooded with white villains even though director is of Iranian descent.
First of all credits to writers Creighton Rothenberger (screenplay), Katrin Benedikt (screenplay) as they have nearly done the impossible as they found all the faults in the prequel and they have uprooted it here. The movie mostly run on success of its predecessor. But the short comings was well addressed in this sequel. Technical wise the movie is solid and the Visual effects in particular is superior than most of the movies in recent times. The explosion and choreography is far better. Tge amplification in quality and amusement is so much hiked than 'Olympus' has fallen. The cinematography captures the blood shed in a new kind of dry colour tone and it sets the mood perfectly. The musical score could have been much better. The set locations, culture and British people gives a feel that it is not a typical Hollywood flick.
The movie is a mindless action entertainer and we assure you the movie may even drive you crazy right from the time you step inside the theatre. But that is what the movie is all about. You can enjoy some mindless action entertainer if you don't give much work to your brains.
- Star Cast : Gerard Butler,Aaron Eckhart,Morgan Freeman,Alon Moni Aboutboul,Angela Bassett,Robert Forster,Melissa Leo,Radha Mitchell,Charlotte Riley
- Producer : Gerard Butler,Mark Gill,Danny Lerner,Matt O'Toole,Alan Siegel,Les Weldon
- Director : Babak Najafi
- Music : Trevor Morris
- Released on: 4-03-2016
Rakul Preet to do an item number in RC12 Mega Powerstar Ramcharan is a happy and relieved man, with his last two ventures, despite having a huge between them, Dhruva in 2016 and Rangasthalam this year, have turned out to be hit and blockbuster, with the latter turning out to be the new Non-Baahubali Industry hit.
- A Hot Item number in Kajal Aggarwal's next under Teja direction
- Will Kajal give her nod to pair with 'HIM' under a BOLD DIRECTOR??
- Sensuous hottie opens up!
- Okay... Seriously... What are you wearing Keerthy Suresh? She SHOCKS her Fans...
- Trisha's next reaches finishing stage!
- ADULT COMEDY Team coming together again for another SEX COMEDY in 3D - Is she the Female Lead ?
- Sri Divya is back with her Lucky Hero
- The Lip-Lock is used for Promotions!
- Nayantara's Boyfriend gets a Hero promotion
- Flop with Kajal and Tamanna, now Kalyan Ram dedicates himself Totally
- Young Bikini Beauty to pair with 59-Year-Old Akkineni for 'Manmadhudu' Sequel
- Shruti Haasan in Koratala's next
- Samantha faces DOUBLE TROUBLE
- Pellichoopulu Hindi version tastes a huge success!