What Is Good
What Is Bad
- Alia Bhatt's limited presence
'Producer' Karan Johar once again proves that he doesn't need solid star casting and huge fan base to pull off a family drama. This time the family drama has less melodrama and that does the trick. The plot is simple. Two brothers return to their home which is at Coonoor, a hill station in Tamil Nadu. They come to Tamil Nadu to see their grandfather who is sick. Fawa Khan essays role of elder brother and he does character named Rahul. He is kind, sincere and loving. And then comes the younger brother Arjun which is played by Sidharth Malhotra. As elder one is successful, the younger one is under achiever. And their parents roles are done by Rajat Kapoor and Ratna Pathak. Alia Bhatt essays role of Tia and she is as always lovable. Rishi Kapoor scores as the naughty granddad. So things go well until both the brothers fall in love with Tia (Alia Bhatt) and slowly family secretes gets unraveled and lots of misunderstandings pop up between everyone. What happens next ? Will the family unite ? Watch out in silver screen.
The movie mainly revolves around Sidarth Malhotra and Fawad Khan and Alia Bhatt has done more of an extended cameo. Both Sid and Fawad has done a brilliant performance. Fawad Khan portrays role of a successful novelist and he has done it with panache. His role has more sensitivity and it was well sketched. Sidharth is more of a 'Raw' character. He does what he loves to and he shows how an under achiever is being ignored and being mocked in the society. Most of the movies moves between the interaction between the two brothers. The dinner table scene is one of the best examples to show their skills. The rivalry, intimacy, jealousy was beautifully shown. Kudos to Director Batra for not over exaggerating.
Technical wise, kudos to cinematographer Jeffery F. Bierman. He has captured the exotic locales of Coonoor and the gorgeous casting so beautifully. He clearly knew when and where to use the lightings. Editing is another biggest positive aspect. The running time is just 132 minutes and Shivkumar's cuts has done wonders. Music is scored by Amaal Mallik, Badshah, Arko Pravo Mukherjee, and Tanishk Bagchi. All the five songs were of different genre and 'Lets Nacho' will be the ringing tone for youngsters. Party song 'Kar Gayi Chull' will also be a hit number. Background score is provided by Sameer Uddin. During emotional scenes he has done an exemplary job.
'Kapoor and Sons' doesn't have matured casting and the young and dynamic casting has some imperfections and that is what has made the movie so special. They don't provide matured performances however even during crucial scenes. Alia Bhatt has definitely recovered from the colossal flop of 'Shaandaar'. The movie has its emotions and it may bring tears in few scenes.
Kajal Aggarwal gets the Hot Hero The milky beauty Kajal Aggarwal, whose career faced a brief lull in 2015-16, with her being criticized for her looks as well, made a strong comeback since 2017, starring in biggies and scoring hits like Khaidi No 150, Vivegam, Nene Raju Nene Mantri and this year's Awe.
- Kiara lashes out at Rumours
- Pooja Hegde is just getting busy
- Keerthy Suresh is preferring senior actors
- Regina turns a Bar Dancer
- Chay and Nidhi's movie was a copy?
- First Shruti Haasan, Now... !?!
- Whaa..tt...? TRISHA'S NUDE SCENE shot for '96' ??
- Earlier, Hero squeezed Kajal Aggarwal waist and now Cinematographer Kissed and Hugged - KAJAL ACCEPTS SUCH ??
- Chota K Naidu Hugged Kajal around waist and Kissed her before whole crowd - PHOTOS INSIDE
- RED HOT Kajal Aggarwal wearing such a Bright Red Costume before everyone - PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mehreen shows her tempting Milky White Waist Line before Cameras - PHOTOS INSIDE
- Do you know the most earning Indian Heroine? It's not Deepika Padukone or Priyanka Chopra...
- Dusky Sandalwood Beauty TROLLS all Heroes
- Homely Beauty Upset over her HOT PHOTOS LEAK - LEAKED PHOTOS INSIDE