What Is Good
- New script
What Is Bad
- Too much drinking
- smoking and lots of chaos
Arul (SJ Suryah) drinks as he gets failure each time. He is a director and his film is kept on held by a sadistic producer. Michael (Vijay Sethupathi) has sex with Malar (Pooja) nd he continues to lust after her after his marriage to Ponni (Anjali, who’s terrific), but it’s a marriage he committed to in a hurry and he still hasn’t reconciled himself to it. He torments his wife in a mental way than physical. After several arguments and fights, he and his brother, Jagan (Bobby Simha), as well as their childhood friend, Michael (Vijay Sethupathi), plan to rob a temple statue in order to pay off the producer, and get the film. What happens next forms the rest of the story.
This is an unusual feminist film, in the sense that it’s seen entirely through the prism of sympathetic male characters. SJ Suryah is the show stealer. He has given maximum in first half and he has lived up to the character. Sethupathi has given an emotional performance. Anjali has mesmerized the audience with her brilliant performance. After so many days, Kamalini appeared on the silver screen. Karunakaran, Radharavi, Cheeru Mohan, Kaali Venkat etc supported the lead roles and have given justice to the roles. Veteran actor Radha Ravi showed his mettle and Karunakaran has done justice to his character.
In Technical side, Santosh Narayanan doesn't have much scope. He fails to deliver goods. Songs are below average and even Background score too gives a sense of Deja vu. ivakumar Vijayan’s cinematography, Vivekh Harshan’s editing and Vijay Murugan’s art work are greatly responsible for bringing the director’s vision perfectly on screen. Kudos to Karthik Subbaraj for choosing a different subject and a completely weird script which glues audience to seats. The movie delivers all punches and it handles themes of loyalty, brotherhood, deception, betrayal and most importantly ,feminism. Dialogues deserve a special mention.
This movie clearly speaks on a male dominated society. The movie has some brilliant casting and SJ Suryah has shown some teeth in his acting. With minimal dialogues and no make-u at all, Anjali leaves a lasting impression. Also sometimes it annoys that every second has people drinking and smoking and violence is shown in a brutal way. The movie will not appeal to all and it has lots of negative shades.
Kajal's Honeymoon in overseas! Kajal Aggarwal is a south Indian actress, prominently known for her acting in South Cinema, especially in Tamil and Telugu industries. The pretty actress began her career in Telugu, with the Teja directorial Lakshmi Kalyanam, and later made her Tamil debut with the renowned director Bharathiraja's Bommalattam.
- Taapsee finally says Yes to such a film
- Shruti Haasan turns Producer for 'Lens' director
- Anjali is back with a Horror Sequel
- So what was Kajal doing in the Hill station?
- All details you want to know on Deepika - Ranveer marriage!
- When will 'Mohini' Digital version Release?
- Rashmika gets 'Arjun Reddy' Hero !!
- Chiru ready to do Srimanthudu type movie with Siva?
- Rakul Preet to do an item number in RC12
- A Hot Item number in Kajal Aggarwal's next under Teja direction
- Will Kajal give her nod to pair with 'HIM' under a BOLD DIRECTOR??
- Sensuous hottie opens up!
- Okay... Seriously... What are you wearing Keerthy Suresh? She SHOCKS her Fans...
- Trisha's next reaches finishing stage!