What Is Good
- Halena song sequence
What Is Bad
- Background score
'Iru Mugan' is a new genre science fiction thriller written and directed by Anand Shankar. The movie features Vikram as male lead role. Nayantara and Nithya Menen are the two female leads and the movie is bankrolled by Shibu Thameens under Thameens Films banner. Harris Jayaraj has composed tunes. Vikram has done dual roles and the recently revealed trailer showcases the another Vikram too. Well, let's see how the movie is. So what is the plot all about ? Vikram does dual roles. One role is of an Ex-cop Akilan Anand and another is Love. Akilan gets an assignment as Indian Embassy was blasted by some unknown miscreants. He gets assisted from Nithya Menen who is also an undercover Raw agent. Nayantara comes as Vikram's wife in flashback portions. She gets killed by Love. Once again, Vikram faces task of locking horns with Love and this time what he does to payback for his wife's death forms the rest of the story. A highly predictable storyline with beaten to death screenplay and no engaging narration is what the movie is all about.
Vikram as always gives his best. He delivers his performance top-notch as Ex-cop Akilan Anand and Negative character Love. He carries the burden of the entire movie on his shoulders. He scores in fight sequences too. Vikram's beard get up and his free style fighting resembles Hollywood style. Nayantara is gorgeous as Halena and that's it. She doesn't get much screen space nor scope. For the first time, she has paired with Vikram and the chemistry has been perfect. Nithya Menen as Raw agent has done justice to her role. In her new attire and new role, she fits the bill perfectly. She has done role of Aarushi. Nassar, Thambi Ramaiah, Karunakaran have done justice to their roles as supporting cast. Thambi Ramaiah could have done better with comedy portions. He is mostly annoying.
'Iru Mugan' is a desperate attempt from Director Anand Shankar. He tried something new, but failed badly in execution. And as for Vikram, his hard work goes in vain once again. It's high time he realizes, changing make up alone is not good enough to get success. Content driven movies are essential. Nayantara seems to be having bad omen right now. After tasting a failure with 'Thirunaal' recently, she has done it again. This movie may not impress family audience nor youngsters. This movie would just be another '10 Endrathukulla' or 'Kandasamy' for Vikram. His hardwork has been in vain once again. 'Halena' song is good. Cinematography is exemplary. Nothing else to brag about.
Kajal Aggarwal gets the Hot Hero The milky beauty Kajal Aggarwal, whose career faced a brief lull in 2015-16, with her being criticized for her looks as well, made a strong comeback since 2017, starring in biggies and scoring hits like Khaidi No 150, Vivegam, Nene Raju Nene Mantri and this year's Awe.
- Kiara lashes out at Rumours
- Pooja Hegde is just getting busy
- Keerthy Suresh is preferring senior actors
- Regina turns a Bar Dancer
- Chay and Nidhi's movie was a copy?
- First Shruti Haasan, Now... !?!
- Whaa..tt...? TRISHA'S NUDE SCENE shot for '96' ??
- Earlier, Hero squeezed Kajal Aggarwal waist and now Cinematographer Kissed and Hugged - KAJAL ACCEPTS SUCH ??
- Chota K Naidu Hugged Kajal around waist and Kissed her before whole crowd - PHOTOS INSIDE
- RED HOT Kajal Aggarwal wearing such a Bright Red Costume before everyone - PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mehreen shows her tempting Milky White Waist Line before Cameras - PHOTOS INSIDE
- Do you know the most earning Indian Heroine? It's not Deepika Padukone or Priyanka Chopra...
- Dusky Sandalwood Beauty TROLLS all Heroes
- Homely Beauty Upset over her HOT PHOTOS LEAK - LEAKED PHOTOS INSIDE