What Is Good
- Amir Khan
- Patriotism portions
- Background score
What Is Bad
- Few lagging scenes
Mahavir Singh Phogat (Aamir), a wrestler from Haryana, loses hope of having a son, so he trains his daughters Geeta and Babita to make wrestling history, thus breaking the taboo of Indian women participating in a sport thus far dominated by men. Phogat's dream is to win Gold Medal for India in wrestling, but he couldn't make it happen and so he trains his two daughters. The film is the story of how Phogat trained his daughters to become professional wrestlers.
Dangal director Nitesh Tiwari, along with Piyush Gupta, Shreyas Jain and Nikhil Mehrotra should be appreciated for their quality, peppered with humour and several poignant father and daughter emotions all through the movie. Bollywood industry's marvellous actor Aamir Khan has proved yet again why he is called Mr. Perfectionist. He only plays a guiding role here and lets the girls who play his daughters in the film take the center stage on most occasions. Aamir, Sanya, Saakshi and Fathima have done a wonderful performance for the movie and they have proved their individuality through this movie.
Sethu Sriram has made the superb cinematography work and the editing part was also played beautifully by Ballu Saluja. The Music director Pritam and lyricist Amitabh Bhattacharya has managed to give an earthy soundtrack with Daler Mehndi’s title track. The music, camera and cuts were made perfectly. The heartwarming music and camera will definitely capture hearts of music lovers and the audience as a whole. Pritam has also given an amazing background scores which is the plus for the movie.
People who watch this film might never take wrestling as their profession, but one thing is for certain, the respect for the sport will undoubtedly increase and the movie will certainly motivate young bloods to do something great. Aamir with hefty look and grey hair is pitch perfect as the ziddi yet sensitive parent. The 51 year old actor should be praised for experimenting with his roles, unlike his contemporaries who prefer to play safe. Sakshi as his wife, is restrained, yet effective and the debutants Fatima and Sanya are easily this year’s best finds. Wow their performances is outstanding and has really proved themselves in the movie.
Kiara Advani least bothered about dropping down Mega Powerstar Ramcharan was last seen in the rural mass entertainer Rangasthalam directed by the talented maker Sukumar which was a summer blockbuster grossing above 225 crores and winning US box office as well.
- 5 Times when SAMANTHA got Oops! moment in PUBLIC...
- Mahesh Babu impressed with Vamshi - Asks him to prepare another Fresh script - Kajal to be the female lead
- 9 Photos of Wamiqa Gabbi to make you go weak on your knees
- Rashmika to start sooner
- Goodachari actress's brothel act
- OMG... Have you seen Tamanna in a SHORT RED SKIRT revealing her Milky Thighs? HOT PHOTOS INSIDE
- Regina Cassandra was touched inappropriately - When another guy tried, she slapped him hard
- 46-Year-Old, Mother of a Child, 'SAAHO' Beauty and GOES BOLD - UNBELIEVABLE HOT PHOTOS INSIDE
- These Photos of Rakul Preet in a Transparent Saree will mesmerize you
- These 19 Photos prove that the 35-Year-Old 'Brahmin Beauty' is a glamour force to tease our mood
- Trisha Showing Some Erotic Intimacy With Sid In These 10 Photos
- LEAKED - 21-Year-Old Actress and 38-Year-Old Spotted 'TOGETHER' - LEAKED PHOTOS INSIDE
- APHERALD EXCLUSIVE TOPLESS PHOTO of KAJAL AGGARWAL - PHOTO INSIDE
- 38-Years, Married, Mother of a Child, But still oozing 'Sex Appeal' on her Date Night - HOT PHOTOS INSIDE