What Is Good
What Is Bad
- Lacklustre dialogues
Shabana (Tapsee) is a reserved second year B. Com student and her life revolves around Kudo training and her widowed mother. Her classmate Jai (Taheer Sabbir Mithaiwala) is smitten by her, because she doesn't entertain his declarations of love. When they finally go on a date, she opens up about her dark past and at last reciprocates his feelings. But their yet to bloom love is cut short when on their way back home, they are pursued by eve teasers and tragedy follows in their life. Jai gets killed in the incident. She completes her vendetta saga and is sent off on her first official mission which involves assisting Ajay Rajput (Akshay Kumar) to bump off a global arms kingpin Tony/ Mikhail (Prithiviraj Sukumaran).
The film belongs totally to Shabana Khan aka Taapsee Pannu. She gets to break the bones and indulge in some serious butt-kicking. She aces the action scenes like a pro and carries the film on her slender shoulders. In a scene or two, the actress even gets to display her emotional side and shines in those moments. Akshay Kumar's cameo appearance completely falls flat as it looks forced. The director Shivam Nair had made the screenplay more elaborately. Prithviraj's acting as antagonist is good.
The movie has poor writing, lack of detailing and lacklustre dialogues are the main culprits here. The first half of the film is a bit drag. After interval, the action begins but soon fizzles out as you predict the climax from miles away. Sudheer Pansare's cinematography is highlighting. At a runtime of about 148 minutes, Naam Shabana aims to treat you to two different worlds but falters in its attempt. The music doesn't remains in the minds of the audience. The technical aspects aren't satisfactory.
Naam Shabana is a major letdown especially when you walk into the theatre halls carrying good ok Baby nostalgia and expecting a similar adrenaline rush. In a nutshell, we would prefer to settle for a re watch of the 2015 espionage-thriller instead. The story is dull and only Tapsee Pannu's role is centered. The songs are misplaced and there is no iconic moments in the movie. The movie can be watched only once and not more than that.
When Legend's daughter lets Loose to bag roles - Check out these 28 Photos Shruti Hassan is a popular actress known for her movies in Telugu and Tamil industry, while she has been predominantly starring in Telugu films, scoring huge blockbusters. While she started her career as a child artist in Films, she later debuted as a music director
- Holy Mother of God! What on earth Happened to Shruti Haasan? See This Photo yourself
- The Young Bootylicious Babe's Dance gets Most Attention - Check out Front end and other Photos
- A College Student Flirts with Tamanna before whole crowd and her response is... See Photos!
- Oopsy! Last time Tamanna was 'Shamed' for wearing Transparent outfit - So, That's why...?
- Shruti Haasan makes a wise call by refusing the 'BIG OFFER'
- Amala Paul surrenders before Police - But do you know how Cops reacted?
- Tamanna accepts she faced Troubles from the Producer during France Shooting
- Why Rakul ?? She signs a project with the Producers who gave her the Passionate Sensuos Lip-Lock
- Ram Charan's sister goes on Beach Vacation and her Instagram Stories Video goes VIRAL
- Trisha's Foursome Party gets Wild - Check EXCLUSIVE Hot Party Photos
- Kajal Aggarwal's SELFIE VIDEO goes Viral
- These Latest Photos of Samantha proves she will do more Romance and Glam on-screen even after Marriage
- Take a Deep Breath - This Actress gets 2.5 Crores just for 4 Minutes...These Photos will say Why...
- Will Kajal Cooperate or is she gonna be reluctant?