What Is Good
- Issue dealt with
What Is Bad
- Dull climax
- Slow narration
- Music in second half
This movie is about four women of different age groups and they are inflicted by silly societal norms. So they cheat, lie, steal and hide things in order to lead their life happily. All these women are surrounded by patriarchal figures and male counterparts in the form of the husband, friend, lover to suppress their basic dreams and desires to lead a life to their satisfaction. The movie teaches many women to mute their feelings in the society.
The women portraying these lives on screen give Lipstick its true color. Plabita and Aahana are instantly relatable and light up the screen. Konkona had acted as Shireen, Aahana as Leela, Plabita as Rihana and Ratna as Usha. All the actresses have acted terrifically and have proved their level best in the movie. Alankrita Shrivastava had made the superb direction and this movie may not change drastically things for women, but this will smudge a few boundary lines.
Movie cinematographer Akshay Singh uses tight close-ups in cramped spaces to make you sensational. The music is on an average scale but the lyrics are well written superbly adds more involvement for the audience in watching the movie . The technical aspects have no issue and everything is made perfectly. We need to mention the production values too. The cinematography speaks a lot and we see that in each and every frame too.
This movie had dealt with women oriented basic and common problems who are struggling to get their basic demands and needs. The movie has to do with the writing and build up that leads to an extremely dull climax. As women championing causes of freedom and sexual expression why are they unable to break the shackles after having moments of realization that the power lies within. The making in the first half is good when compared to the second half of the movie. This movie should be watched by all men in the society and feel the depressed state of mind of all women.
Lavanya Tripathi has a chance to prove herself once again The pretty babe Lavanya Tripathi, who started off her career as a model, before venturing into films with the critically acclaimed flick Andhala Rakshasi, which won her accolades for her performance, and later followed it up with commercial mass masala ventures like Doosukeltha.
- 50-Year-Old Actor makes Passionate Romance with 20-Year-Old Actress and later he gets 'BIKINI' Babe too!
- Keerthi Suresh desperate to give a 'HIT' movie after two flops
- Tamanna faces a SHOCK again from a fan in the crowd - View Pics!
- CHUBBY MALLU BEAUTY releases a Photo and Fans are SHOCKED - Check Photo and FANS reaction!
- Will Kajal Aggarwal do a cameo for this hero?
- Tamanna's "Yellow Yellow... Dirty Fellow" Dress grabs attention - See Pics !!
- 33 Breathtaking Photos of KAJAL AGGARWAL where she reveals her Hour-Glass Figure by Exposing Right areas
- Vijay - AR Murugadoss :: Self proclaimed Commanders, and Cunning rule breakers!
- Pumpkin broken for Samantha's next
- BIG FLOP with PAWAN KALYAN, Below Average with Junior NTR - Now, He's Back Again!
- Yet another success for 'Kirik Party'
- The Hot Sensation is back after a Speedbreaker
- SHOCKING: "My Close Friend's FATHER... SEXUALLY HARASSED ME..." says 'THIS' Actress
- She EXPOSES herself again in BIKINI - Doing it INTENTIONALLY? This is How FANS react - PHOTOS Inside