What Is Good
What Is Bad
- Too much of feminism
- Lengthy scenes
- Not everyone's cup of tea
Magalir Mattum is the story of three best friends (Saranya Ponvannan, Oorvasi, Bhanupriya) who got separated after their school days, reunite once again after 36 years, with the help of Prabha (Jyothika). Prabha decides to take the trio on a three day trip, and the film is all about the moments and incidents that these women encounter during this journey. Jyothika, who is a documentary filmmaker and a very modern woman. Though the films title literally means Ladies Only, the story has several important male characters as well who equally contribute to the plot.
Bramma’s Magalir Mattum gives its women the opportunity to shine on screen and rarely do we come across filmmakers with such conviction. Jyothika's performance in the movie is simply superb and all females should watch the movie in the big screen. Jyothika holds the film together with her strong screen presence. She is well supported by Urvashi, Saranya and Bhanupriya, and it’s a shame they’re not being used effectively by other filmmaker. In fact the movie is given more importance to Women's problems and all the actors have done justice to their roles.
Ghibran’s background score gains special attention. His music elevates the scenes to a different level, and he continues to prove his efficiency. Manikandan’s visuals are worth mentioning, and his vision to use multiple long shots is seen, which is also suitable, supplementing the film’s mood The length of this film might be a little barrier in places, particularly with the first half. S. Manikandan had chosen the locations beautifully and is choreographed amazingly good. The editing part was portrayed by CS Prem.
Jyothika is seen more like another character, than as a lead. She has effortlessly pulled off her character, which is full of energy and cheer. Her characterisation is so strong, something that every woman would want to be. The film’s writing is very much confined, focussed and strong, and that is when you remember that this film is written and directed by Bramma, who gave us an impactful Kuttram Kadithal.
Trisha gets 'Wet' and shows her Hot Body over the Beach Sand - Tempting Photos Inside The sexy and talented actress Trisha, known for her subtle acts and limited glamour, went for a terrific image makeover last year, as she went on to don a stunning two-piece bikini and a one-piece swimsuit in the horror hit Aranmanai 2 by Sundar C.
- Kajal Aggarwal's Beach Bikini Song Photos will tease your temptations
- 15 Very High Clarity Photos of Trisha in RED Brassiere and Transparent outfit
- Whooaa... When Actresses went TOPLESS just for Calendar Photoshoot - Check all Topless clicks
- When Nayantara faced Oops! Moment several times and revealed more... Check everything!
- 'Behind-The-Scenes' Photos reveal more of this 'B' Babe
- Young Actor accepts Sayyeshaa baby is a lot better in Bangkok
- Yep! This is Tamanna getting Smooched in her Very First Unknown Movie - More Pics Inside
- Eeeww!! Kajal Aggarwal finally acted in 'THAT' Ad... 'Cherry' Flavor
- Can Sai Dharam Tej act in such scenes?
- Yay! Romantic combo returns after more than a decade...!!
- Tollywood Movies Latest Updates - 20/01/2018
- That's Huge! After 'Oopiri', King Akkineni chooses a Multi-starrer with 'This' Tamil Actor...
- Caste pride yet again for 'Adult Comedy' Hero
- 'MASS' Maharaja gets 'BIKINI' Treat Again