What Is Good
- Akshaye Khanna
- Production values
What Is Bad
- Non-linear narration
- Sidharth Malhotra
Police chase Vikram Sethi (Sidharth Malhotra) as he murdered his wife and he manages to get inside Maya's (Sonakshi Sinha) house as a refugee on a rainy night. Maya soon finds that he is an accused and she alerts the cops.
Police arrests Vikram and they find Shekar (Maya husband) dead in the house. Maya accuses Vikram of the double murder but Vikram pleads innocence. The mystery is assigned to Police officer Dev (Akshaye Khanna) to solve it in three days time. Did he solved the mystery? Who are the culprits? Who is the murderer? What is the motive behind it?
This movie is an adaptation of 1969 suspsense drama 'Ittefaq'. The story heavily relies on the shoulders of Sonakshi Sinha and Sidharth Malhotra. Both needs to narrate the story from their own point of view to Akshaye Khanna and they have scored pretty well. But Sidharth couldn't carry the movie and this character is completely heavy for him.
Akshaye Khanna has been seen in such roles many times and he is too good. His screen presence and humor with fellow cop carries the movie in serious situations. Sonakshi has done what she was expected to do. She could have emoted even more. Rest of the characters are just fillers. Sidharth Malhotra still needs to be more matured actor to carry such heavy weight roles.
Director Abhay Chopra has retained the same theme from the 1969 movie but he himself added some twists to the screenplay. Even though that needs to be appreicated, it just loses the essence as the movie keeps on running. The storytelling originality gets lost somewhere in between. Also audience might find it hard to read both the narratives of Maya and Vikram on a parallel note.
The story keeps on shuffling between the present and the past. The cinematography is good and it captures the dark mood pretty good. Editing needs more sharpness in such non-linear screenplay. In these thriller genres, the audience should be kept at the edge-of-the-seat till the end, and that is completely missing here. Dialogues are feeble. The production values are good.
If you are going to expect an edge-of-the-seat, nail biting thriller, you are surely for a massive disappointment! We assure you that. Patience is a virtue and you need that in ample while watching this venture. Akshaye Khanna carries the movie single handed.
Sidharth Malhotra couldn't carry such a weightage character and he is still emotionless in most of the scenes. He's pretty stone faced too. Sonakshi Sinha's presence is charming, but even she couldn't extract the emotions which are quite necessary. The cinematography work and Production values are the positives. Rest of them just fall flat!
"Tamanna gets paid in Crores, she has to do More Skin Show for sure.." Hope we all do remember the movie 'Okkadochadu' featuring Vishal and Tamannaah in the lead roles. The movie was written and directed by Suraj and it also got a release in Hindi under the title 'Rowdy Rajkumar'. The movie got negative reviews from critics.
- Trisha gets 'Wet' and shows her Hot Body over the Beach Sand - Tempting Photos Inside
- Young Actor accepts Sayyeshaa baby is a lot better in Bangkok
- Yep! This is Tamanna getting Smooched in her Very First Unknown Movie - More Pics Inside
- Eeeww!! Kajal Aggarwal finally acted in 'THAT' Ad... 'Cherry' Flavor
- Can Sai Dharam Tej act in such scenes?
- Yay! Romantic combo returns after more than a decade...!!
- Tollywood Movies Latest Updates - 20/01/2018
- That's Huge! After 'Oopiri', King Akkineni chooses a Multi-starrer with 'This' Tamil Actor...
- Caste pride yet again for 'Adult Comedy' Hero
- 'MASS' Maharaja gets 'BIKINI' Treat Again
- Teasing our Mood by showing Waist Line in Choli... Desi Babe Vaibhavi Shandilya for you - 31 Photos
- Trisha is the Girl who has Purse full of Credit Cards, but not a Single Paisa for spending...!!!
- Kathi Mahesh Exposed while sending Dirty Messages?? He Defends by saying, "I never Rape them..!"
- Anushka answers Face-to-Face when some 'Privy' questions were asked