What Is Good
- Akshaye Khanna
- Production values
What Is Bad
- Non-linear narration
- Sidharth Malhotra
Police chase Vikram Sethi (Sidharth Malhotra) as he murdered his wife and he manages to get inside Maya's (Sonakshi Sinha) house as a refugee on a rainy night. Maya soon finds that he is an accused and she alerts the cops.
Police arrests Vikram and they find Shekar (Maya husband) dead in the house. Maya accuses Vikram of the double murder but Vikram pleads innocence. The mystery is assigned to Police officer Dev (Akshaye Khanna) to solve it in three days time. Did he solved the mystery? Who are the culprits? Who is the murderer? What is the motive behind it?
This movie is an adaptation of 1969 suspsense drama 'Ittefaq'. The story heavily relies on the shoulders of Sonakshi Sinha and Sidharth Malhotra. Both needs to narrate the story from their own point of view to Akshaye Khanna and they have scored pretty well. But Sidharth couldn't carry the movie and this character is completely heavy for him.
Akshaye Khanna has been seen in such roles many times and he is too good. His screen presence and humor with fellow cop carries the movie in serious situations. Sonakshi has done what she was expected to do. She could have emoted even more. Rest of the characters are just fillers. Sidharth Malhotra still needs to be more matured actor to carry such heavy weight roles.
Director Abhay Chopra has retained the same theme from the 1969 movie but he himself added some twists to the screenplay. Even though that needs to be appreicated, it just loses the essence as the movie keeps on running. The storytelling originality gets lost somewhere in between. Also audience might find it hard to read both the narratives of Maya and Vikram on a parallel note.
The story keeps on shuffling between the present and the past. The cinematography is good and it captures the dark mood pretty good. Editing needs more sharpness in such non-linear screenplay. In these thriller genres, the audience should be kept at the edge-of-the-seat till the end, and that is completely missing here. Dialogues are feeble. The production values are good.
If you are going to expect an edge-of-the-seat, nail biting thriller, you are surely for a massive disappointment! We assure you that. Patience is a virtue and you need that in ample while watching this venture. Akshaye Khanna carries the movie single handed.
Sidharth Malhotra couldn't carry such a weightage character and he is still emotionless in most of the scenes. He's pretty stone faced too. Sonakshi Sinha's presence is charming, but even she couldn't extract the emotions which are quite necessary. The cinematography work and Production values are the positives. Rest of them just fall flat!
OMG... TRISHA has ACTED IN SUCH SCENES... Trisha, the slender waist beauty who had been ruling the south film industry for more than 15 years, has been now filled with joy and excitement as she had recently added one more prestigious film to her kitty of a long list of films like Garjanai, 96, etc as she has been roped in to play the female lead opposite none other than Superstar Rajnikanth in his next, Petta with Karthik Subbaraj.
- Kajal accepts that she hesitated to act in a movie...
- Samantha angry on 'THEM' for making her sweat at gym...
- Milky beauty to settle in business?
- Shruti gets 'Race Gurram' Hero!
- Kasthuri pleads for an apology
- 'Kabali' actress accepts that she made compromises with producers
- Anjali proudly revealed her waistline in SIIMA Award show before everyone after losing weight - PHOTOS INSIDE
- Samantha's Expressions before whole Media and Press people SHOCKED everyone - MORE PHOTOS Inside
- Kajal Aggarwal's recent Transparent Saree exposure photos goes Viral - View all Photos!
- Tamanna once again exposes her Thundering Thighs during a Public event - 18 Hot Photos Inside
- Bigg Boss Kaushal hits a BIG JACKPOT - Do you Know?
- When Trisha was Kissed suddenly by a Surprise Guest... Photos Captured and you can see them!
- Got Married and now the 35-Year-Old Hot Actress goes 'MORE BOLD' - HOTTEST EXPOSURE Photos Inside
- Shruti Haasan sang on stage wearing a Black Transparent Revealing dress - Photos Inside