What Is Good
What Is Bad
- Unwanted sequences
- Nowhere near the Original
After several promising attempts like Naaigal Jaakirathai , Jackson Durai, Sibiraj failed with his attempt at dishing out an adult comedy in kattapava kaanom, and is now back on screens in a rugged makeover in Sathya, with Saithan Maker Pradeep Krishnamoorthy at the helm of affairs. Has the actor scored a success this time? Here's team AP Herald's exclusive Sathya FDFS review.
Sathya (Sibiraj), settled abroad, gets a call from his ex lover Swetha (Remya Nambeesan), and he starts to India. On reaching India and meeting her, he gets to know that she's married, and her daughter Riya is missing. As she requests him to help her, Sathya embarks on a deadly mission to find Riya, as he's also confronted by questions of the very existence of a character named Riya. As Swetha faces her end, Sathya is aided by inspector Chowdary (Anandraj) and ACP Anuya (Varalakshmi Sarathkumar) in his mission. Was Swetha really having a child named Riya, and whether Sathya was able to save the child is what the action-packed entertainer is all about.
Sibiraj, known to try his best to ape his dad Sathyaraj's mannerisms and body language, this time gets it easy, as his face is covered by the thick beard he sports for 90% of the runtime, and he has to mostly look stone-faced, but still, he fails badly in the romantic sequences. As the damsel in distress and the girl madly in love, Remya Nambeesan is perfect, and emotes well. Varalakshmi Sarathkumar is a revelation, with a surprise character, and she excels with the twist associated with her role. Anandraj and Sathish do their roles satisfactorily, while Yogi Babu tickles the funny bone rarely in the otherwise dark themed movie.
Background score by Simon King is terrific, while the same cannot be said of his songs, as the sweet number Yavvana alone passes the muster. Arunmani Palani's Cinematography is impressive, as he captures the stunning chases and thrilling stunt sequences perfectly. Gautham Ravichandran's editing could have been better, as the movie drags heavily in the second half. After scoring a huge disaster with Saithan which was a poor adaptation of a popular novel by renowned writer Sujatha, director Pradeep Krishnamoorthy has this time opted for a safe bet with the remake of Telugu surprise hit Kshanam.
Despite having a promising plot by Adivi Sesh, Pradeep falters big time with his poor casting, as Sibiraj never emotes, and Varalakshmi emotes more than required. Besides, with poorly written dialogues and a dragged screenplay in the second half, Sathya is a pale shadow of super engaging Kshanam. Too many unwanted sequences and uninspiring performances ruin the impact given by the original, and the interesting premise. Only Simon King's BGM and technical aspects remain as the saving grace of this mediocre remake.
The First Opening went to Shruti Haasan, but she is the one who Closed it The legend of Indian cinema, the acting maestro, Padmashri Ulaganayagan Kamal Hassan, and the epitome of versatility in Tamil cinema, Chiyaan Vikram, have one thing in common besides their thirst to experiment and excel with different roles and scripts - they both belong to Paramakudi. Naturally, the whole industry had always wanted this duo to come together soon on screen for a movie.
- The Sex Scandal actress surfaces again!
- Dear Samantha, Kindly remember the Food served hot will be Loved most! Hope you understood...
- Keerthi Suresh gets Back the Local touch
- Yep! These Photos belong to Samantha.. She's Wet, Hot, and posing like B-Grade Hot Actress
- Anushka proves she is no lesser and this is a prime example!
- The 20-Year-Old Actress admits what happened to her in shooting spot when she lost consciousness
- Sai Pallavi's Pre-Marital Sex Thriller gets 'Delayed'
- Kajal Aggarwal's condition to wear 'Transparent' clothes during song sequences
- Okay, This VJ turned Actress is caught Red-Handed with 'THAT' guy - Check the 'Close' photos
- OMG! Tamanna faces Trouble in the Shooting Spot - Got Ashamed before everyone!
- The Actor who squeezed Kajal's waist in shooting spot is now Dating this 20-Year-Old Actress
- Trisha did 'THAT SCENE' herself and never hesitated at all - Photos Proof Inside
- So, you wanna know whether Me and Michael 'DID THAT' ?? Shruti Haasan Answers Openly
- Rakul Preet Shocked on Seeing EROTIC Dance before her under the name of Reality Show