What Is Good
- Varun Sharma
- Pankaj Tripathi
- Action scenes
What Is Bad
- Priya Anand
- Vishaka singh
- Second half
- Logic goes for a toss
'Fukrey' which released in 2013 emerged as a sleepr hit material due to its quirky writing and engaging execution. So when the sequel was announced everyone expected it to be in the same level or even better than its predecessor.
So, let's see what this is all about. It is about the story of Fukras and their arch rival who comes out of jail after one year. Hunny (Pulkit Samrat), Choocha (Varun Sharma), Zafar (Ali Fazal) and Lali (Manjot Singh) enjoy their time after Bholi Punjaban (Richa Chadha) got arrested. But as she gets released, all hells break loose and she seeks revenge on them. So she forces them to be part of a mission which involves robbing the entire Delhi. It leads to lots of problems and how the boys snap out of it forms the rest of the story.
So, if you have watched 'Fukrey' in 2013, you will know about all the characters. But, you necessarily don't have to see it as the director explained everything in the opening title card episode itself. Among the boys, Varun Sharma grabs the spotlight and he does justice to his role too. What could be shocking for most of us is, Ali Zafar's screen space is pretty much limited.
Varun Sharma as Choocha evokes laughter every now and then. When he pronounces Goa as Goya, he brings the roofs down. Pankaj Tripathi as Panditji has done a decent performance as college watchman. Priya Anand, Vishakha Singh are just fillers and the lesser we speak, the better! Richa Chadha gives a complete power-packed performance and as a badass she is even more power-packed! Well, there's a surprise for the audience in the climax and watch that on the big screen.
We don't have any clue about the songs as they are too bad and even badly placed. 'Mehbooba' which should have been a foot tapping number becomes a noise. Andre Meneze has done a neat job in the cinematography department. Action scenes are realistic and thanks to Manohar Verma. He completely made use of the realistic work. Visual effects is good and special mention goes towards the tiger scene.
The Production values are high and nothing to complaint about. The main weakness is the screenplay. The planning of conning Delhi people is not explained in a proper way. Most of us expect some fun and fireworks after the Bholi attacks, but... we don't get that much. The second half is totally tiresome and only the humor part made it watchable. The chances of making 'Fukrey 3' are high. But hope they don't repeat the same mistakes again!
'Fukrey' which was a sleeper hit in 2013 has forced Farhan Akhtar and Ritesh Sidhwani along with Director Mrighdeep Singh Lamba to get a sequel. However, this time it's not as perfect as the predecessor. But, it has its moments and the one-liners. Thanks to Panka Tripathi and Varun Sharma who bring the roofs down with their funny oneliners.
The movie is technically solid and there are no flaws. Especially, action scenes, VFX and cinematography deserves an applause. But still the second half is plot-driven and it makes everyone tiresome. The humor makes it bearable.
Whoa! The Sandalwood babe transforms herself for Tollywood like 'THIS' The year 2016 had a sweet end, with a huge surprise, as the Kannada film industry saw the release of the college flick Kirik Party directed by Rishab Shetty, which starred Rakshit Shetty in lead role, and introduced a cute beauty to the industry, Rashmika Mandanna, who impressed with her cuteness and lovely performance.
- Mahesh Babu's Heroine gets her Confirmation
- Vaibhav's glamor feast only for Tamil Audience
- Shruti Haasan continues to Show 'Everything' everywhere... Photos Proof Inside
- Controversial Director's Battle for Porn
- Sun Music Channel asks Suriya to use a Stool as he is 'Short' - Actor finally responds to their Bad Behavior
- Keerthi Suresh happy with 'Agnyathaavasi' Flop - Expecting the sequel now...!!!
- Forget Pawan, Mahesh Babu, Jr NTR - Allu Arjun is the Box-Office King, shows his stamina once again
- Viu set to launch musical drama Spotlight 2 on 26th January
- Trisha's Hip Folds has increased the Views and it even got Trending... See for yourself
- Glamour overtakes Humour this Time
- Bikini Babe making it BIG
- When Bubbly Beauty thanked her mentors...
- It's a Fairytale Beginning for Bhavana! View Inside Pics from the Marriage
- No movie has made so much Losses as 'Agnyaathavaasi' - Time for Power Star to 'QUIT' acting