- Real Life Incidents
- Art Work
- Preachy Dialogues
- Romance between Ajay and Ileana
- Background score
Ajay Devgn is back to playing a subtler role, but a completely deadpan expression throughout the whole runtime, even in the most intense of sequences, as well as in the powerful confrontation sequences, is a huge letdown. Veteran Saurabh Shukla proves his caliber, with his impressive screen presence and the effortless ease with which he brings a corrupt politician on screen, and is a huge asset to the otherwise tedious Raid.
Ileana plays the dutiful wife to perfection, and does her part of looking beautiful on screen perfectly, and oozes stunning chemistry with Ajay Devgn. The rest of the cast including Sadanand Varma and Gayathri Iyer is just about adequate.
The Musical score is not up to the mark. Among the songs composed by Amit Trivedi and Tanishk Bagchi, Sanu Ek pal and Jhuk Na pass the muster, while the background score doesn't impress, as it fails to elevate the sequences and raise the tension which is badly needed in such a movie. Cinematography by Alphonse Roy is perfect, capturing the beautiful locations in song sequences, as well as the crude milieu of the corrupt Saurabh Shukla.
The Editing by Bodhadhitya Banerjee could have been much better as some unwanted scenes between raids drag the whole scene. After several critically acclaimed flicks and few flop outings, the promising Rajkumar Gupta is back, this time with a tale based on real IT Raids of the 80s.The period art work deserves a special mention.
While the basic premise is very much reminiscent of Special Chabbis, Rajkumar has a kind of seriousness as an innate part of the script but has let go off an interesting opportunity.While Ajay is mostly blunt, his confrontation sequences with Saurabh are mostly over the top, with Saurabh solely shouldering Raid.
With unimpressive, preachy dialogues, and too much of time wasted focusing on the romance between Ajay and Ileana (who looked very gorgeous), and badly placed songs accompanied by poor editing, Raid becomes a tedious effort for the viewer to sit through, and ends as a pathetic outing.
18-Year-Old Young Actress sends a Message... The first death anniversary of yesteryear dreamgirl Sridevi came recently, and the hottest actress of the previous decade had passed away, after drowning in a bathtub in a hotel in Dubai, where she had been for attending a wedding, which was a massive shock for fans.
- 'Jersey' Babe completes 'PINK' remake
- Kajal Aggarwal PREGNANT ?? She told 'THIS'...
- Politician's Daughter who is a famous Actress is CAUGHT IN CHEATING CASE
- The Young Actress Photos are LEAKED by the Star Director Himself ?? See the LEAKED PHOTO
- #Maharshi Bookings will break #AvengersEndGame records - Here's Why!
- King Akkineni makes some passionate romance with Rakul Preet
- Dusky Tamil Beauty confirms her next project
- Rakul Preet is transforming as a B-Grade Actress
- Kajal's reply when a fan called her she resembled a Porn Star will 'SHOCK' you
- 44-Year-Old Actress, Mother of Two, faced Oops! moment during Jewelry Showroom Opening - HOT PHOTOS INSIDE
- Rakul Preet helps 'HIM' to make an entry
- Anupama completes a Big remake!
- Aditi Rao teams up with Producer cum Actor and the movie gets 'A'
- 'Geetha Govindam' Babe ready to show her mettle in Kolly