What Is Good
- Real Life Incidents
- Art Work
What Is Bad
- Preachy Dialogues
- Romance between Ajay and Ileana
- Background score
Ajay Devgn is back to playing a subtler role, but a completely deadpan expression throughout the whole runtime, even in the most intense of sequences, as well as in the powerful confrontation sequences, is a huge letdown. Veteran Saurabh Shukla proves his caliber, with his impressive screen presence and the effortless ease with which he brings a corrupt politician on screen, and is a huge asset to the otherwise tedious Raid.
Ileana plays the dutiful wife to perfection, and does her part of looking beautiful on screen perfectly, and oozes stunning chemistry with Ajay Devgn. The rest of the cast including Sadanand Varma and Gayathri Iyer is just about adequate.
The Musical score is not up to the mark. Among the songs composed by Amit Trivedi and Tanishk Bagchi, Sanu Ek pal and Jhuk Na pass the muster, while the background score doesn't impress, as it fails to elevate the sequences and raise the tension which is badly needed in such a movie. Cinematography by Alphonse Roy is perfect, capturing the beautiful locations in song sequences, as well as the crude milieu of the corrupt Saurabh Shukla.
The Editing by Bodhadhitya Banerjee could have been much better as some unwanted scenes between raids drag the whole scene. After several critically acclaimed flicks and few flop outings, the promising Rajkumar Gupta is back, this time with a tale based on real IT Raids of the 80s.The period art work deserves a special mention.
While the basic premise is very much reminiscent of Special Chabbis, Rajkumar has a kind of seriousness as an innate part of the script but has let go off an interesting opportunity.While Ajay is mostly blunt, his confrontation sequences with Saurabh are mostly over the top, with Saurabh solely shouldering Raid.
With unimpressive, preachy dialogues, and too much of time wasted focusing on the romance between Ajay and Ileana (who looked very gorgeous), and badly placed songs accompanied by poor editing, Raid becomes a tedious effort for the viewer to sit through, and ends as a pathetic outing.
These Latest clicks of Adah Sharma exposing her curves will tempt your mood The pretty Adah Sharma, who had previously featured in few Tamil ad films like Joy Alukkas ad with Madhavan, and even the recent Nescafe sunrise Tamil commercial, had her tryst with Tamil cinema for the first time in the form of a special appearance in a song in Simbu starrer 2016 flick Idhu Namma Aalu.
- Raashi Khanna gets 'SUCH A HUGE SHOCK' from Tamil Hero
- Is Trisha getting so Low-Level for Offers?
- Kajal Aggarwal surprised everyone with 'Saree' at the shooting spot
- When a Telangana Farmer kept Kajal Aggarwal Cut-Out to keep Crops alive...
- How to eliminate caste system? Probs for Kamal Haasan
- Is #MeToo just a fashion?
- Indian Cricketer to 'MARRY HER' ??
- Ouch! Kajal faces heat from 'BACK'
- Married, still grabbing attention among Paparazzi
- After 'Businessman', Director gets Kajal Aggarwal again
- 5 Photos of MODEL VAISHNAVI which will tempt you
- Kajal Aggarwal speaks about making passionate romance with 64-Years-Old Lip-Lock actor
- Have you checked these compilation of Jahnvi's Hot Stills?
- Rakul raises the heat